Epson ET-4500 Printer Colours Not Printing

Home Forums Computers (software & hardware) Printers & Scanners (MAC – Windows) Epson ET-4500 Printer Colours Not Printing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2172
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Epson ET 4500 Printer Colours Not Printing

Ok, so to share my fun this morning, The Epson ET-4500 would not print any colours apart from black, so this meant, the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow colours where at fault.

So started with Checking Ink levels and all was 3/4 full

Then tried the Head Cleaning  option via the ET-4500 LCD display and this finished and printed test page which showed no colour option apart from Black, I then ran this same procedure a further three times and colours started to return (60%) .

Alas my Daughter needed to print a presentation, so I then ran the Printer Settings > Maintenance > Power Ink Flush option from my Windows 10 laptop (Epson Icon) which once completed all colours was being printed correctly and a happy daughter

Note: when you run the Power Ink Flush option, it does use a lot of ink, so you need to ensure all ink storage cartridges / levels are at least 3rd full.

Epson do advise that once this procedure has completed, the printer should be turned off for 12 hours…….

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.