Microsoft set to launch Windows 11

Home Forums Computers (software & hardware) … Windows (OS) Microsoft set to launch Windows 11

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 21
    • Regular

Microsoft seems set to launch Windows 11 this month

Earlier this week, Microsoft announced a launch event for “the next generation of Windows”. But even before then, there’s been a lot of speculation on what this new version will be called. All signs are starting to point to the launch of Windows 11. The firm hasn’t publicly said so, and won’t until its big launch event.

First of all, the branding is clearly changing. People like CEO Satya Nadella and Windows and devices chief Panos Panay are calling it the next generation of Windows, not of Windows 10. When Windows 10 was the brand, that was key. Microsoft doesn’t write these scripts by accident.

But let’s look at the hints that Microsoft itself has dropped, and there are a few. Here’s the tweet that’s been floating around announcing the June 24 event.

Microsoft seems set to launch Windows 11 this month

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3164
    • Skipper

A big step for Microsoft with Windows 11, I remember Widows 8 and what a nightmare that was, Windows 10 was and is great, so Microsoft next step will be interesting ( hopefully a free upgrade)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 21
    • Regular

Windows Vista was a memory hugging piece of rubbish, brought a Vista laptop I had a nightmare trying to put SATA drivers into a Windows XP disk, so I could revert back. What was Microsoft thinking even though I use 10 I still like Windows 7 the best OS they made, when I upgraded to 8, I just could not work it out for months and how to find my stuff

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3164
    • Skipper

You are showing you age (Windows 7)

I still remember having to edit the autoexec.bat files for Windows 95 / 3.1  and the good old RAM doubling software’s of that time

Windows 11 will be an interesting journey

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 21
    • Regular

Was nothing wrong with Windows 95 and the floppy disk to start the CD ROM to format the hard drive FORMAT C:/ LOL

I doubt I could remember how to do it all now it was that long ago

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com