Bosch Dishwasher Not Draining - UKTechHub

Bosch Dishwasher Not Draining

Forum White & Brown Goods DishWashers Bosch Dishwasher Not Draining

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel
    • Posts 7,043
    • The Skipper

So our lovely Bosch Dishwasher has decided not to drain waste water after a wash, seems the dishwasher has two water pumps, one for circulation i.e. washing the dishes via spray bars etc. and a second pump for draining the water.

So after removing all the dishwater and then checking the Dishwashers drain filter was clean and checked the impeller at bottom of drainage hole was not blocked by rice or other food stuffs, I then had the pleasure of unplugging the dishwasher drain hose from adjacent sink waste system and inspecting.

Long story short, seemed a piece of plastic from a yogurt pot worked its way past the drain filter, then past the drain pump impeller and lodged itself in the drain pipe on a bend which then caused food waste to build behind the plastic obstruction and stop drainage.

Luckily I have a drain unblocking tool like the one below, and was able to gentle push the spiral end down the waste pipe until I hit the obstruction and remove it, and the build up behind it ‘yuk’

Share the knowledge

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must sign in or register to reply to this topic.