Dell Inspiron 7570 Laptop Battery

Home Forums Computers (software & hardware) … Laptops Dell Inspiron 7570 Laptop Battery

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Well my battery for my DEL 7570 lasted about a year, once again it is not holding charge.

I must admit, laptop is used most days and I kept my original battery as I remember reading, if you freeze your battery for around half a day and then thaw, this may bring battery back to life ?

I kept the original battery to try this, but never got round to doing the test

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Chelsea maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 45
    • Regular

Tried the freezing trick before on an old laptop, it never worked so don’t hold your breath looking for a miracle

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 553
    • Addict

Completely remove battery so it must initialize after reconnecting, then it will have full possible power again (whatever it can deliver or remains due to degredation and age).
    Then let it power down by empty battery (with bios screen mode) and fully charge.

Tell us whether you get better values after this.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

@Grisu – at the moment Battery has been removed and is in a zip bag in freezer and is being frozen for 24 hours and then will be taken out and allowed to defrost for 8 hours and will see if this works first

Such fun! 

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 553
    • Addict

The effect will be the same as you removed it already with or without freezing.

Its like to say if your modem/router fails plug it out, run twice round your block and insert power again, then will work.
    Yes definitely, but if you wait the time without running it will be the same.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Understood – An interesting experiment it will be for me ;)

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Just took the laptop battery out of the freezer after 24 hours, looks like the zip bag has kept out all the frost / ice, now to let the battery thaw overnight (8 hours min) and then put the battery back into the laptop and see what, if any difference this process has made to the battery charge capacity / life etc. ?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

So plugged back in the Dell laptop battery after it was allowed to thaw overnight and as you can see from the results below, freezing the Dell Laptop battery (Lithium-Ion) had absolutely no effect on improving battery life / performance etc.

e.g

Battery Health before Freezing  = 2.9%

Battery Health after Freezing  = 2.9%

Interesting experiment if nothing else

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

So I ordered a new battery for my DELL 7570 and it is in.

Only paid £20 and battery health is 95% a tad lower than I would have liked (97%) , but not to bad given price

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.