Huawei MT992-10 G.fast Modem

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems Huawei Huawei MT992-10 G.fast Modem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Looks like BT Openreach was Trailing the Huawei MT992-10 as part of the G.fast rollout.

The Huawei MT992-10   (MT992-10 )  G.fast modem is a type of G.fast upstream terminal. It provides ultra-high-speed G.fast access that is 10 times faster than VDSL2 (while also compatible with VDSL2). The MT992-10 provides one DSL uplink and 1 GE port access. It supports flexible routing and standard TR069 management functions, and uses G.fast technologies to provide high-speed access for home users on FTTB/FTTC networks. The high-performance forwarding capabilities of the device guarantee the data, which makes the device future-proof and the ideal terminal for FTTH deployment.

Early days yet, but initial review are looking promising

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

KitsuneDave
    Participant

Wish i had that at the start rather than BT sending me their rubbish all in one hub. Then i’d have MT992-10 and a RMerlin supported router 😉

The MT992-10 is so hard to get a hold of now, next time i see an openreach dude im gonna ask if i can get one or something similar that is G.Fast compatible. No harm in asking i suppose 😉

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Around April/May they where selling for £400 on Ebay, good money, but very rare and if Openreach engineer has a spare, send on my way 😉

I know (believe)  it uses a Broadcom chipset, but do not know which one, hopefully a BCM63138/63137 ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.