Lenovo yoga 520 14ikb – Screen Sensor Replacement

Home Forums Computers (software & hardware) Laptops Lenovo yoga 520 14ikb – Screen Sensor Replacement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 271
    • Replies 1533
    • UKTechHub Legend

Ok, so I replaced my daughters LCD Touch Screen on her Lenovo yoga 520 14ikb a while ago and for a while everything was working well, then all of a sudden and for no real consistant reason, the screen defaults to vertical white/grey lines image and a power reset is required.

After a lot of online investigations, seems to be a common problem with the LCD Screen cable especially around the hinges CAUSING WEAKNESS IN THE WIRING ETC.

So ordered a new LCD Screen cable from Ebay for £6 (good price) and removed the original LCD Screen cable but unfortunately during the process accidently broke one of the screen sensors (lenovo ls-e543P) connector that plugs into the LCD Screen cable (they are very delicate)

Anyway – any ideas of where to get a new / used  (lenovo ls-e543P) can be purchased as only a single seller on Ebay in UK selling one for £25 “ouch”  – I have looked on Alibaba etc. and no luck as yet

Pics below (from internet) of lenovo ls-e543P screen sensor part and screen when image gets distorted

Note: I have tried the laptop without the sensor but seems to effect Touchpad and keyboard input, so an USB external mouse only solves half the problem and I do not want to disable the Touch screen option unless I have no other choice ;-)

• This topic was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by UK Sentinel.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 271
    • Replies 1533
    • UKTechHub Legend

Ok, so I finally found a single  lenovo ls-e543P sensor board via a seller based in Poland for £11 including delivery , alas not shipping outside of  country whilst the world is in lockdown

On with search I go ….

XRW
    Participant
    • Topics 5
    • Replies 72
    • UKTechHub Regular

i found something similar for $9.99 ….
    -> https://www.impactcomputers.com/5c50n67555.html

so i assume …. seller based in Poland selling item for  £11 is reasonable

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 271
    • Replies 1533
    • UKTechHub Legend

I did notice this seller from US, the item price is good value but alas delivery to UK starts from $40 dollars, which is most annoying

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.