Vodafone to offer full fibre broadband to millions

Home Forums Broadband Tech & ISP’s … Vodafone Vodafone to offer full fibre broadband to millions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3990
    • Skipper

Just read this on the BBC –

Vodafone has signed new deals with CityFibre and Openreach which it claims will make it the largest provider of full fibre broadband in the UK.

Eight million UK residents will have access to its service by Spring 2022.

The agreement with Vodafone will support CityFibre’s pledge to reach 285 cities, towns and villages by 2025, in the UK.

Analysts say the move should be good for consumers, as other providers push to have a similar reach.

Vodafone first partnered with CityFibre in 2017, in a deal thought to be worth around £500 million.

The “alt-network” is the largest company outside of the main telecom giants to lay fibre in the UK in recent years, with around 50 internet providers currently making use of its infrastructure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59250660

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

kev2021
    Participant
    • Posts 184
    • Regular

lol 4 days old news lol :D

Kev

kev2021
    Participant
    • Posts 184
    • Regular

I’m trying to find a provider I can move to for FTTP when current contract ends as BT want to charge me for the BT line (even if i don’t have a number) plus the fibre so i want to move to a provider whereby I’m only paying for the FTTP and no line meaning like 20-30 quid, not best part 50 quid.

Kev

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.