@UKTechHub
.
.

Reply To: BT Fibre 2 Offer/ Deals So our Plusnet contract is coming to an end and I love  there prices, but we are now looking to drift back to BT Broadband Fibre 1 or Fibre 2…

› UKTH forums › 📡 Broadband Tech & ISP’s › BT › BT Fibre 2 Offer/ Deals So our Plusnet contract is coming to an end and I love  there prices, but we are now looking to drift back to BT Broadband Fibre 1 or Fibre 2... › Reply To: BT Fibre 2 Offer/ Deals So our Plusnet contract is coming to an end and I love  there prices, but we are now looking to drift back to BT Broadband Fibre 1 or Fibre 2…

#16084
Avatarkev2021
  • Replies 1,243
  • Forum Addict

Hi ,

Just been on chat with BT, unfortunately wont be moving to it.  The price they showed was £20 a month BUT it seems that is only because i have paid line rental up front.  My plan was to drop the line rental and have the FTTP for £20 a month meaning its a bit cheaper than what I pay now.  Unfortunately, the £20 was because I paid line rental, if I got rid of the BT line, the price goes up to £39.99 which isn’t a viable option for me.

Shame as I can’t see why they make it £20 ONLY if you pay BT line rental, if not its basically £40 but surely if you get rid of the line, there is nothing they need to support other than the FTTP and the £20 is only for the 150 connection so seems either way you pay £40 – either you split it 50/50 for the line and BB or its £40 for the BB.

Bit daft, especially as they want to get rid of the BT lines anyway and move to voip….

So just to make you aware incase you get an attractive offer, its likely to not be as it seems :)

I realise the FTTP is fairly ne etc so I guess in time, it will reduce to be more affordable, especially when people catch on that they are giving up the BT line but still paying the same amount just for the internet only :)

Kev

Latest Posts