@UKTechHub
.
.

Reply To: ASUS ZenWiFi BT10 Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 7 System – Official Thread I am thinking of upgrading from my XT8’s to the BT10. My 4x XT8 setup have been an absolute champ after the first few months of buggy FW releases from…

› UKTH forums › 🛜 Wireless Routers & Modems › ASUS & Wireless › ASUS ZenWiFi BT10 Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 7 System – Official Thread I am thinking of upgrading from my XT8’s to the BT10. My 4x XT8 setup have been an absolute champ after the first few months of buggy FW releases from... › Reply To: ASUS ZenWiFi BT10 Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 7 System – Official Thread I am thinking of upgrading from my XT8’s to the BT10. My 4x XT8 setup have been an absolute champ after the first few months of buggy FW releases from…

#43797
UK SentinelUK Sentinel
Keymaster
  • Replies 8,694
  • The Skipper

Crytptic as always they are.

Yes, I think that’s what makes the wording interesting. I had a look at ASUS’s actual announcement here:

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1057454/

ASUS says the Speedtest service is being “adjusted” from October 2026 and refers to it as a “unified optimisation adjustment”, but doesn’t actually explain what has changed.

My guess would be that something has changed on the backend/service side, which means ASUS needs to change the implementation in the firmware. If this is related to a change by Ookla, for example, that would explain why the existing Speedtest implementation suddenly needs a firmware update.

But that’s only speculation, ASUS doesn’t mention Ookla, losing access to the old backend, or any backend problems.

 

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Latest Posts