ASUS DSL-N16 issue with wifi show me password is incorrect

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS DSL-N16 issue with wifi show me password is incorrect

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel 6 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Hi @kamiboy – I am glad ASUS are looking after you, they (ASUS) did email me to say they contacted you as they wanted more information to help resolve for Memory usage ?

Let us know how it goes ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

lostcause
    Participant

Hello Dear , ASUS contact me and kindly they send me a new beta FW (DSL-N16_9.1.2.3_786-g086cfb6.trx.zip) and i want to share it with you and other people :

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/0DFB1D256B9244F88F3B3D7FF3425E16Y

hopefully it fix wifi and vpn issues.

DSL-AC51 has the same issues. I reached out to Asus some time ago through the GUI feedback form, but so far no response yet.
    Hopefully they will provide a new FW for the DSL-AC51 as well.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  lostcause.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@kamiboy – ASUS have contacted me today regarding DSL-N16 VPN, so I have mentioned you sent them a Feedback form on the 8th, I have also mentioned to ASUS regarding the memory usage causing issues over time, so hopefully they will contact yourself in a day or two

Hello Dear , ASUS contact me and kindly they send me a new beta FW (DSL-N16_9.1.2.3_786-g086cfb6.trx.zip) and i want to share it with you and other people : https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/0DFB1D256B9244F88F3B3D7FF3425E16Y hopefully it fix wifi and vpn issues.

@kamiboy – has the new firmware from ASUS improved RAM usage and VPN issues ?

@lostcause – if @kamiboy new firmware fixed the issues, I will ask ASUS if we can have a fix for the DSL-AC51 and others (MediaTeK based devices)

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel.

lostcause
    Participant

@lostcause – if @kamiboy new firmware fixed the issues, I will ask ASUS if we can have a fix for the DSL-AC51 and others (MediaTeK based devices)

Yes hopefully they look into it. Having to reboot the device every week/other week upsets the ISP DLM.

kamiboy
    Participant

@kamiboy – ASUS have contacted me today regarding DSL-N16 VPN, so I have mentioned you sent them a Feedback form on the 8th, I have also mentioned to ASUS regarding the memory usage causing issues over time, so hopefully they will contact yourself in a day or two

Hello Dear , ASUS contact me and kindly they send me a new beta FW (DSL-N16_9.1.2.3_786-g086cfb6.trx.zip) and i want to share it with you and other people : https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/0DFB1D256B9244F88F3B3D7FF3425E16Y hopefully it fix wifi and vpn issues.

@kamiboy – has the new firmware from ASUS improved RAM usage and VPN issues ? @lostcause – if @kamiboy new firmware fixed the issues, I will ask ASUS if we can have a fix for the DSL-AC51 and others (MediaTeK based devices)

Hello dear, vpn issue is not fix yet although i changed my isp but the issue is not isp it is ASUS router. modem reboot itself when l2tp vpn client is connected.

for wifi issue and ram issue i need to test more i can’t comment about wifi now.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@kamiboy – have you managed to feed back to ASUS that VPN does not work for L2TP with new firmware ?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel.

kamiboy
    Participant

@kamiboy – have you managed to feed back to ASUS that VPN does not work for L2TP with new firmware ?

today i sent feedback to ASUS again about vpn rebooting issue.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  kamiboy.

kamiboy
    Participant

today i sent feedback to ASUS again about vpn rebooting issue.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Thanks for that update, hopefully they (ASUS) can get the L2TP issue fixed ;-)

kamiboy
    Participant

Thanks for that update, hopefully they (ASUS) can get the L2TP issue fixed ;-)

update :

asus found what the issue is … they respond to my last email:

Regarding the “l2tp vpn rebooting issue” you mentioned, we have found this problem and we are trying to solve it.

In addition, we have found that it seems that if the client uses Ethernet to connect, this problem will not occur. Only when the connection is made over the wireless network will the reboot occur.

If you are using a wireless for testing, please help us to switch to a wired network for testing to check if it is as I said.

================================================

i turned off wireless radio and problem solved as ASUS  support said. a fix coming soon.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@kamiboy – thanks for update and good news ASUS have found the issues, I am sure others are also looking forward to the updates

Not often we have good news

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.