ASUS Log – kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS ASUS Log – kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3395
    • Skipper

ASUS System Log Warning – kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full message

OK, so I upgraded my RT-AC86U to ASUSWRT-Merlin latest firmware RT-AC86U_384.14_0

I noticed, probable there from previous versions, the following System Log messages.

• Dec 16 13:16:17 kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full
    • Dec 16 13:16:30 kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full

The “kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full” log message is causing many log messages to be created and after a reboot of the router, browsing does appear to slow after 15 minutes or so.

So after some research I found the following post on the Billion Forum which indicated the log message could be related to the Firewall.

As it happened, I had recently disabled IPv6 on my ASUS router, but had not disabled the IPv6 Firewall.

IPV6 Firewall is now disabled and no more – kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full log messages

This is why I both love and hate ASUSWRT and ASUSWRT-Merlin, the annoyance of the problems followed by the relief of the fix/remedy

P.S.  “I am getting to old for this kind of crxp” ;-)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3395
    • Skipper

2 hours later the kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full log message has returned ;-(

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 445
    • Addict

This is why I both love and hate ASUSWRT and ASUSWRT-Merlin, the annoyance of the problems followed by the relief of the fix/remedy

P.S.  “I am getting to old for this kind of crxp” ;-)

It keeps you young!

One Asus router and you have a full time job …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com