March 21, 2019 at 8:26 am #2466UK SentinelModerator
- Posts 3395
ASUS have just let me know that they have updated and released a new firmware (stock) for the DSL-AC68U/R, should be available also by there download servers etc. shortly?
Looks like a few security fixes have been applied and the addition of support for Let’s Encrypt.
DSL-AC68U/R firmware v22.214.171.124.384_56087 now available on support site/live update server
ASUS DSL-AC68U Firmware version 126.96.36.199.384_56087 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)
Security Fixes and Improvements:
– Fixed CVE-2004-0789 (DNS Response Flooding) vulnerability
– Updated OpenSSL to 1.0.2q
– Improved HTTPS of HTTP server
– Fixed httpd:
* CVE-2018-17021, XSS in appGet.cgi
* CVE-2018-17022, buffer overflow in ej_select_list
* DoS in blocking_request.cgi
* Reflected Cross-Site Scripting via appGet.cgi
* Missing Cross-Site Request Forgery Protection on appGet.cgi
* Command Injection via load_script Hook in appGet.cgi
* Uncontrolled Format String via nvram_match Family in appGet.cgi
* Stack Buffer Overflow via delete_sharedfolder() in appGet.cgi
– Support UTF8 SSID.
– Support Let’s Encrypt.
– Added USB3.0/2.0 mode in Advanced Settings -> Administration -> USB Setting
– DSL firmware updated: v188.8.131.52.
– Fixed WAN not be executed correctly in some cases. e.g. G.Vectoring + G.INP.
– Changed to VDSL PTM mode by default.
– ADSL WAN (ATM) QIS manual setting list updated,
Added Turkey ISP, D-Smart Net
Added Turkey ISP, Turkcell Superonline
Added Turkey ISP, Doping
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
– Fixed AiMesh related issues.
– Fixed TrendMicro module issues.
– Fixed SIP Pass-through issue.
– Fixed 2TB partition(or bigger) was generated by the newest Win10 cannot be mounted.
– Added Live Update in QIS.
– Fixed TrendMicro functions not work with DSL-AC68R.
– Fixed OpenVPN client password with special character %.
Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).July 24, 2019 at 9:06 am #3593UK SentinelModerator
- Posts 3395
ASUS have kindly given myself access to the first beta for the DSL-AC68U to now act as a Child/Node within an Aimesh configuration.
‘Note: this is a beta so normal beta T@C’s apply’
DSL-AC68U/R beta firmware that could support setup as AiMesh RE(child) node now finally available. Feel free to share on your forum.
In order to setup as RE node, reset to default is a must. Then could setup via target WiFi router(AiMesh CAP)’s Web UI or via ASUS Router app.
Feel free to post comments via this forum and I can pass them back to ASUS – there is a dedicated Topic below.
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.