Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others 7.08beta firmware and 7.10 released for DE

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems AVM Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others 7.08beta firmware and 7.10 released for DE

This topic contains 60 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Grisu Grisu 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I assume you brought the 7590 when you went G.Vector, when you had just VDSL/ADSL , was you using the 7582 and did this have issues with the line also?

Also, are you DSL lines copper or aluminium?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

they are copper

No, got a 7582 over a year ago and 7590 last year for testing, then bought 2 more for mesh (instead of Asus equipment).

Line upgrade to Vplus 35b has been 2 years ago with ZTE289 modem.

All modems at all times had heavy problems with my often changed lines …

Some days or weeks almost unusable, then for weeks or even months no issues for unkown time till repeating to fail (seen all the year).

Neighours going down exactly same time (have some logs of it, very strange).

Thats why I said some mystic radiation in my area.

There is a high voltage power line nearby (100kV ~150m away), but everyone tells me that cant be the reason, I dont believe them.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Grisu Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I see,  if you had an old DSL-AC68U they have SHINE / REIN measurements/sensors on them ?

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

dont know what SHINE/REIN are, long time passed to forget since I used the DSL-AC68U.

And only for about a year before I got line-upgrade.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Grisu Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

As the DSL-AC68U DSL chipset (MediaTeK – Econet) was very sensitive – ASUS introduced a way to monitor Electrical interference on DSL lines.

REIN vs SHINE:

Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise (REIN) is a term applied to some interference found on problematic DSL internet connections. The interference can be detected as electrical impulses on the physical telephone line on which the internet connection operates. REIN is particularly problematic as it can cause DSL modems to lose synchronisation and drop connection.

REIN causes interference which in turn causes a DSL modem to mount up CRC errors. This eventually causes DSL synchronisation to drop.

REIN is often caused by faulty electrical equipment which is in the proximity of the broadband telephone line. Usually the equipment is emitting a radio frequency, which causes electrical impulses along the telephone line

SHINE (Single High Impulse Noise Event) is where this interference is generated as a burst  (once a day or once a week etc. – when a device is powered on or off, for example. As a result disconnections or line errors may result at the time an electrical device is switched on or off.

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

today got new beta for internat. 7590: FRITZ!OS: 07.08-68106 BETA

did some restarts for testing, always synchronized at first attempt.

seems to be well done, all ok at first view.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Can firmware be shared ;-)

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

You have to use older beta from ftp-link in my first post and then it will be shown as firmware-update on router.

Dont have a direct download link or changelog.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Grisu Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Participant (62.47.188.189) You have to use older beta from ftp-link in my first post and then it will be shown as firmware-update on router.

Thanks, never knew if you loaded an older beta on a Fritz!Box, it would find newer betas

Good news

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

Didn’t know it either before seen on router (twice now).

And you easily can go back to last stock firmware (didn’t test this on mine but is offered).

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

Just got a new FRITZ!OS: 07.08-68347 BETA for my 7582 int. A/CH version!

Dont no download link, has been shown on router itself as possible update on previous 67544.

I have no changelogs so lets see what its good for ;-)

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Grisu Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Let us know how testing goes and I think we should nominate you as our official AVM Fritz!Box beta tester ;-)

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

seems to be well done, most 5G-able clients using it and changing nice between nodes.

If that will stay unchanged with next final release I will probably end beta-testing keeping in mind to never touch a running system ;-)

There is not much more I would like to have so any further updates will be cosmetic for my needs.

Config: Master 7590 on DSL 300/30, LAN-mesh with 2x 7582 and on one of those a second 7590 Wifi-mesh to neighbour, 4x Fritz!Fon M2/C4/C5 each on either one 7590.

Many clients on LAN and Wifi, some support only 2G, others even AC-160MHz, most with reservated fixed IP (about 60).

Guest network for many friends coming and going with internet access and access to each other.

Update after 24h: band and node-steering definitely improved a lot, now all ok for me!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Grisu Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Hi @Grisu, thanks for news/feedback, sounds like this beta is good ;-)

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

Finaly got OS 7.10 for 7590 build r68489 internat version today, hope it wont be a step back to the newer 07.08-68106 BETA I hade till now.

http://ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/fritzbox-7590/other/fritz.os/FRITZ.Box_7590-07.10.image

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Grisu Grisu.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.