Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others 7.08beta firmware and 7.10 released for DE

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems AVM Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others 7.08beta firmware and 7.10 released for DE

This topic contains 57 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Grisu Grisu 2 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Finaly got OS 7.10 for 7590 internat version today, hope it wont be a step back to the newer 07.08-68106 BETA I hade till now.

http://ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/fritzbox-7590/other/fritz.os/FRITZ.Box_7590-07.10.image

just seen the changlelog for OS 7.10, it says over 50 changes ;-)

As far as I remember, AVM still do not have a router suitable for G.fast, (International Version)is that correct ?

I thought the 7582 and/or 7583 (International) was going to be released, but am out of touch with AVM

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

They are out since last year 7582 and 7583 for G.fast while the latter with bonding on dual line and doubling speed.

But they are only available from provider, not sold on free market!

I could sell you one of mine ;-)

Most you can get from Austria like this here on ebay: https://www.ebay.at/itm/FRITZ-Box-7582-ahnlich-Fritzbox-7580-od-7590/183813792315?hash=item2acc27e23b:g:ScgAAOSwlddcYFOy

Or on willhaben.at (open platform with no security): https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/fritzbox-fritz-box-7582-offen-fuer-alle-provider-310566247/

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Thanks for offer ;-) – Alas I do not speak / Read,  German, Hungarian, Slovenian, Austrian German etc.

Do they come with English option or will I/We have to wait for International releases ?

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

They use to have a German and an international version (hardcoded in bootloader and cant be changed on newer routers), provider modems have only additional predefined DSL-settings, usable on all lines.

From Germany you will get DE-only devices (first to get updates and a bit cheaper), outside internat. version with many languages (this time about 1 month behind).

So you are limited to use the correct firmware version.

Those links are sold from Austria (internat. version from provider).

You may need EU-plug adapter if you get it outside UK.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Thanks for update, much like I remember the  German and International versions are separate units to buy and you have yours from Provider (lucky) ;-)

I will wait for International release (G.fast)  with correct UK plug as AVM Fritz!Box are very good and well supported ;)

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Both the 7582 and 7583 use Broadcom DSL chipset, I am very keen to try the Intel AnyWAN VRX618 transceiver (G.fast)

Should be good like Lantiq was before Intel brought the company.

https://boxmatrix.info/wiki/Property:CPU-Cores

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

Then you would have to pay much more, they have an official price much above 7590, you’ll be charged with 280€ if you dont return (only to lease for €5 per month).

Dont know if they will ever be freely sold.

You can see it on box and router label, different article numbers.

7582 DE art# 2000 2760  while 7582 INT. art# 2000 2809

Or in support data from router:

for Germany firmware_version avm

and Internat. firmware_version avme

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I  might have to send them an email to their Public Relation (press) team to see what they are planning ;-)

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

OS 7.11 released for 7590-DE (optimized DSL-driver and some other improvements).

I expect it for 7590 international version in July.

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

7582 international got a new FRITZ!OS: 07.08-70863 BETA.

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

7582 international OS 7.12 released: https://download.avm.de/fritzbox/fritzbox-7582/other/fritz.os/

and for 7583 international even 7.13: https://download.avm.de/fritzbox/fritzbox-7583/other/fritz.os/

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Grisu Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

As always, keeping us up to date with the Fritz!Box latest releases, a big thank you ;-)

jaffacake
    Participant

I’d love some advice, this thread is the nearest i’ve found discussing my question! Apologies if i’m hijacking it a little. I understand the fritz!box 7590 comes in two versions, and only the correct model will work in the uk.

i’m reluctant to buy the 7590 because it supports only v35.b which will not be used in the uk.

the 7583 Version is compatible with g.fast so seems to be more future proof?

I can buy one on ebay easily enough, item number 123889788058; i’ve searched and searched google but can’t find any information about whether the 7583 will work in the uk at all due to the isdn / ptsn differences. I’m not bothered about power supplies or telephone connection cables, i have plenty of spare ones at home.

On the avm website their information suggests that the 7583 shouldn’t be used for adsl connection, only vdsl. Which is fine. But is it at all uk compatible, please? The model number of the item i’m looking at is 20002859. Thanks in advance for any advice!

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I own the Fritz!Box 3490 and love it, the 7590 will support UK VDSL but not G.fast, but the 7583 supports G.fast as you have mentioned

My own 3490 came with different DSL cables to plug into my BT Master socket and I am sure the 7583 will be the same, apart from the power plug (2 pin) and maybe default language option of this unit (English is available after set-up) I believe it should work well in UK

Hopefully @Grisu will be online later as he has used on in Austria and can advise on cable options

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

All I can tell, you should take 7583-20002847 international version to avoid trouble with German only or Annex B.

Your 20002859 is an 1&1 (German) provider limited version, I dont think you’ll get happy with it!

I have both German and internat. 7590 and both are fine with Annex A and B as you can change it. Even using the wrong works here with no difference (maybe my provider supports both same time). Problem only comes with TV and VoIP if there is no support for your carrier with distinct VLAN-ID if thats the case in UK and you want to use this. VoIP with SIP-trunking or streaming over xDSL is fine.

Right now I only found this one very expensive and wont sell to UK: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Fritz-AVM-Box-7583-High-End-WLAN-AC-N-Router-inkl-2-ISDN-S-Anschlusse/254351847545?hash=item3b388d3079:g:8wUAAOSwbkNdck92

Cables wont be any problem, you can change them to whatever you use in UK. It comes with an Y-cabel usable with and w/o splitter and phone can be put back to your existing phones with it. There is an RJ-45 plug on the end, you only have to connect this to your wall-plug, shouldn’t be the huge problem. Middle pins are from line, next ones are phone back to your POTS phones if you use them and outer 4 pins forget they are for ISDN (I think you wont have).

Much cheaper would be a 7582 internat. version with G.fast I could get new for €150.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 13 hours ago by Grisu Grisu.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.