Fritz!box VPN (OpenVPN) Select Individual Devices for VPN

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems AVM Fritz!box VPN (OpenVPN) Select Individual Devices for VPN

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Grisu Grisu 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@Grisu – I am looking at options for running a VPN and select the individual devices that are VPN’d rather than applying to all devices.

This can be achieved with the Netgear XR500 and ASUS routers running ASUSWRT-Merlin, but I cannot find whether this option is supported by AVM Fritz!boxs?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I had a look at my Fritz!Box 3490 and looks like individual devices cannot be added to use either the VPN or WAN connections.

Shame really as I was hoping this would work for my particular requirements,

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

Not supported on router, you can use apps to VPN to your home network.

For clients in your network a client based VPN is much better and faster anyway.

Hardware isnt designed to run reliable VPN with encryption.

Its not a 50-in-1 device where 49 wont work like Asus, 68U will get 20Mb/s and so not really usefull too.

You could use a Pi for your needs I think.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

With my RT-A86U and Netgear XR500 I can speedtest to 50Mbps, via VPN, so for myself, that is great.

Individual VPN’s are good but for home usage, I wish to keep it simple (KIS) and just to do it once and then leave alone

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

Yes would be nice, but you cant compare 86U with 7590 which is router like much more a 68U.

And it has vplus-modem, DECT, ISDN, POTS as well integrated instead of more powerful CPU like 86U, so they come to the same price level.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.