Moved: Reply To: House heat pump exchange units

Home Forums White & Brown Goods Boilers Gas/Heat Pump Moved: Reply To: House heat pump exchange units

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

Very interesting, I may move this subject as this is of interest to myself, can I ask, given your location, what are your seasonal temperatures ranges and does the Alpha Innotec keep property warm in the Winter months, is hot water for bathing hot (what temps can it reach in winter for hot water) ?

Update: Topic has been moved from original Forum

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Topics 8
    • Replies 226
    • UKTechHub Regular

Warm water whatever you adjust, upto 55°C or even more to 65° with heating up elements. I use to have only 50°C and turned off heater elements (they are for security too if pump fails in winter days) with a (have to lie but think) 400l warm water tank.

There are only 2x 4h mains brake a day for cheaper heating current (about half price). So enough warm water out of the tank for next 5 hours, it will be warmed in about an hour if going colder (below a set point), so no problem. With -20°C outside the pump will run about 8h a day, much reserve. Ground water got constant 13°C whole year which is a very good working point for the heat pump, the warmer the more efficient it can run. Thats why ground water pump got best performance factor, better than brine-water and air-water which is coldest (worst) when you need most heat (and energy).

Summer in Vienna can get very hot upto 40°C for weeks with 30-35 even at night. Then you love below 28 inside, and it is very cost effective, just let cold ground water go round the pipes. Sure its no air condition, but I dont like them and this is mostly for free consuming least energy to get hottest days bearable.

PS: Hard for me to translate to English- I hope readable and mostly understandable.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by UK Sentinel.
    Grisu
    Participant
    • Topics 8
    • Replies 226
    • UKTechHub Regular

I have it since 12 years for house heating and warm water working well without any problems so far from Alpha Innotec SCW120HK, with “natural” cooling for summer, not very effective but enough to get it some degree less, just to sleep well under 28°C on very hot days/weeks. It uses only cold ground water for cooling, so below 100W for circulation pumps only (not using reversible technology). Could heat my pool too but never really used it but for testing at the beginning, if it isn’t warm we wont use the pool, so senseless extra investment. Heating pump can be used to defrost (ice or snow) ramp to double garage in the cellar too.

For clothes drying I use a  room dehumidifier (hanging on the wall with heat pump and strong fan) in the washing room. With sauna, washing maschine (beside place for dryer or spare like now), heat pump, hot water tank, toilet, recessed water lift (under metal plate on floor still missing tiles around which can be found somewhere in a corner), large washbasin, shower and enough space for drying 2-3 washing machines of clothes on raisable lines or lying below them after sauna. One of my best planned rooms in the house and well done I can say in retrospect.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

I see, so you use ground water pump and a 400l warm water tank

why is tank 400 L , is that so water is heated slowly and last long time for usage ?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Topics 8
    • Replies 226
    • UKTechHub Regular

Why not? Because it can be 400l!

Dont know, they told us thats good for 4 people household and they where correct.

If we would need more warm water I could easily raise (or rise ??? please correct it yourself to the best verb) temp to 55°C.

To be more exactly, I use a brine-water heat pump with intermediate circuit (behind clothes on pictures I sent you per mail) and heat exchanger to ground water. Thats for more security because “bad” aggressive water can easily totaly damage the heat pump exchanger (and so expensive compressor) and ground water can’t be determined by fluid from heater circuit.

With groud water it will constantly work with best performance factor as it got same temp 13°C all of the year (especially valuable in winter months).

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

Har har , so I understand, does the water heat up over night, so warm/hot for morning with 400 L for family ?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Topics 8
    • Replies 226
    • UKTechHub Regular

As I wrote there are only 4h pauses with no (cheap) mains, after that it can heat up again if neccessary for at least next 4h. Usually it may last for a day (I think). My plan turns off power from 8-12 and 16-20, easy to get around, others have only 20-8 or even only 0-8, luckily I asked exactly before and got full information and different possible plans to choose from.

Please read again thread from beginning, I edited and added some text (sorry for that, you are reading too fast for my poor English).

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

@Grisu – Thanks for email, pictures make sense and very interesting subject for us ‘Engineers’

Grisu
    Participant
    • Topics 8
    • Replies 226
    • UKTechHub Regular

Yes – good for inspirations. You can always do it a little better, but thats all I wanted.

At the end I have to refer to genesis: When I saw everything that I had made, and behold, it was very good.

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 285
    • Replies 1630
    • UKTechHub Legend

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.