RT-AX86U 1 LED on at the front…

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless RT-AX86U 1 LED on at the front…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kev2021
    Participant
    • Posts 262
    • Regular

Hi all,

Just noticed a weird thing on my RT-AX86U router…. I have it set to turn all LEDs off so that’s been fine but I noticed today that all LEDs were off except for 1, the 2.4ghz Wireless LED, that was white LED…. any ideas why just that one came on?

I pressed the LED button, all leds come on, I then pressed and held button slightly and then all LEDs went out, including the 2.4ghz wireless LED… bit strange.. firmware I’m running is from Aug still, not updated yet.

I thought initially maybe my router had decided to update the firmware its self but nope so bit weird, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this or knew why it would come on?

Thanks

Kev

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

I have noted that type of issue in the past when I have tested beta’s for ASUS, LED on when they should be off etc. and turning themselves on automatically.

AS long as 2.4 GHz wifi keeps broadcasting, then only a minor annoyance, so either faulty / corrupt firmware (factory reset) or the LED Button may have a fault, which is less likely.

If issue keeps happening after next firmware update, then factory reset – if this also does not fix issue I would return RT-AX86U router for exchange or (RMA) if warranty has expired, but this may have an associated cost.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

kev2021
    Participant
    • Posts 262
    • Regular

I’m using both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi as not all devices support 5ghz.  Everything operates ok, it was just the led light had come on for some reason…. As said, I pressed the LED button and all LEDs came on, i then press and held LED button and all LEDS are off and still off at present.

Very odd, i was going to do the firmware update but now I’m messing around with the server etc, ill leave as is at present, got enough issues to deal with at the moment :)

Kev

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.