Windows 7 Extended support ends January 2020

Home Forums Computers (software & hardware) Windows (OS) Windows 7 Extended support ends January 2020

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 271
    • Replies 1539
    • UKTechHub Legend

Windows 7 Extended support ends January 2020

Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses because you will no longer receive software updates, including security updates, from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/windows/end-of-windows-7-support

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

XRW
    Participant
    • Topics 5
    • Replies 72
    • UKTechHub Regular

yeah

i think if you have legit windows 7 keys , you can still free upgrade to windows 10 ….. just use drivers that are provided via windows updates  ( even it’s old )  for stability on old system …

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 271
    • Replies 1539
    • UKTechHub Legend

yeah i think if you have legit windows 7 keys , you can still free upgrade to windows 10 ….. just use drivers that are provided via windows updates ( even it’s old ) for stability on old system …

I thought the free upgrade to Windows 10 finished a few years ago, I used that option when I had Windows 8, That would be greet if there was a free upgrade, but I do not see how Microsoft make money from this

XRW
    Participant
    • Topics 5
    • Replies 72
    • UKTechHub Regular

option still works last month i have upgraded one of my laptop on windows 7 to windows 10 from windows 10 media creation tool , it goes smooth ………

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/upgrade-to-windows-10-free-heres-how/

i think Microsoft might link office 365 account with windows …because new 1909 update they want u to link windows to Microsoft account ( partially )  ……………… so maybe future plan to make it subscription based service ?

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 271
    • Replies 1539
    • UKTechHub Legend

That makes sense and thanks for update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.