@UKTechHub
.
.

Reply To: RT-AX86U – EOL? Hi, Is the Asus rt-ax86u/s EOL? doesn’t seem too long ago (2021) I bought is, was expecting it to be supported for a bit longer tbh, especially considering the cost,…

› UKTH forums › 🛜 Wireless Routers & Modems › ASUS & Wireless › RT-AX86U – EOL? Hi, Is the Asus rt-ax86u/s EOL? doesn’t seem too long ago (2021) I bought is, was expecting it to be supported for a bit longer tbh, especially considering the cost,... › Reply To: RT-AX86U – EOL? Hi, Is the Asus rt-ax86u/s EOL? doesn’t seem too long ago (2021) I bought is, was expecting it to be supported for a bit longer tbh, especially considering the cost,…

#43378
UK SentinelUK Sentinel
Keymaster
  • Replies 8,692
  • The Skipper

I’d assume early 2027 to be a safe bet. Also, even when a product officially reaches EOL, ASUS often continues to provide further firmware updates for some time afterwards. For example, the ASUS RT-AC68U, which was released back in 2013, and it actually received another firmware update this year.

Conversely, the DSL-AX82U support finished exactly four years after it was released, so no guarantees.

Edit, I stand corrected, ASUS just released a new firmware for the DSL-AX82U.

  • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel. Reason: New ASUS DSL-AX82U firmware not added

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Latest Posts