Access DrayTeK Vigor 130 Stats from behind a Netgear Router

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … NetGear & Wireless Access DrayTeK Vigor 130 Stats from behind a Netgear Router

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

I posted this over at Netduma, so thought I should include in my forum also, before I forget

So if you have a Netgear Router (including XR Series) and a DrayTeK Vigor 130 modem, then it is not possible (or I have not found a way) to gain access to the Drayteks stats (UI) via the Netgear router unless you unplug the Ethernet cable between router and modem which is not ideal.

I have tried adding static routes, enabling Telnet access on my XR500 and entering ip route add 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.100 static etc etc etc..

What worked for myself was to use a small 4 to 8 port switch between the DrayTek 130 and XR500.

Connect my Laptops Ethernet cable into that switch with an IP of 192.168.2.2 (manual IP address on that  interface) – (no gateway needed)

Then at your browser type 192.168.2.1 to enable you to login and get your stats etc.

Note: my TP-Link 5 port switch likes it when the Ethernet cable from the laptop plugs into Port 1 ? –  Ports 4 and 5 are used for the connection from DrayTek 130 to my XR500

(switch only adds marginal delay – so not big issue when gaming)

Still works as of today (24/09/2021) but far from an ideal workaround.

Note: ASUS RT Routers do not have this problem, only Netgear kit.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.