Asus DSL-N16 Packet Loss in Apex Legends Pc and PS4

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Asus DSL-N16 Packet Loss in Apex Legends Pc and PS4

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Meisam 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

It all seems good, very strange this. Router Also shows no REIN – SHINE issues and CRC count is low.

Under LAN > Switch Control, is NAT Acceleration On or Off?

are there any VPN or NAT PPPoE pashthrough Set-Up ? (WAN > NAT Passthrough) or are you going via Proxies etc.

Also when you factory reset router, did you load old settings from backup- or build/configure again manually ?

Also, have you had a look at Routers System log > General Log, are there any log messages that may give us a clue when games start ?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

lostcause
    Participant

You could try to set the Asus on Annex A , same as the TP-Link as it is on Annex M now. Maybe worth a try.

Meisam
    Participant

You could try to set the Asus on Annex A , same as the TP-Link as it is on Annex M now. Maybe worth a try.

Changing the annex parameter was one of the first items I tried. But that didn’t work either.

By the way, I found these lines in the log showing that the provider does not support G.998.4 as you said before.

2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: FW version : V5.5.2.11_20190418
    2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: Compile option : c3c0a
    2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: Release Testlab NUM : All
    2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: FW version[ADSL] : V3.12.8.0_MT7510
    2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: VDSL2(Multi)
    2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: Annex A
    2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: STD: G.992.5
    2019-09-05 06:24:36 kernel: Profile: Adsl

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Meisam.

Meisam
    Participant

It all seems good, very strange this. Router Also shows no REIN – SHINE issues and CRC count is low. Under LAN > Switch Control, is NAT Acceleration On or Off? are there any VPN or NAT PPPoE pashthrough Set-Up ? (WAN > NAT Passthrough) or are you going via Proxies etc. Also when you factory reset router, did you load old settings from backup- or build/configure again manually ? Also, have you had a look at Routers System log > General Log, are there any log messages that may give us a clue when games start ?

• The Switch Control settings are by default and I didn’t change them.
    • I haven’t used the vpn feature so far and it’s off now.
    • No. I usually re-enter my settings after reset factory.
    • I didn’t see anything related to the game in the General Log section, but can be seen in the connection log section of the ip list that the console connects to.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Try enabling SRA and disable G.Vector, if you are in UK, set VDSL Profile to 17a if you are based in UK.

Next try enable DLA and turn off G.inp and Stability Adjustment adjust to ON

If the above fails then I have run out of ideas, maybe time to contact your ISP and see if any line faults exist, if not then time to buy a better (Broadcom) based DSL modem/Router

What country are you located in as there maybe a region option we have missed ?

Meisam
    Participant

What country are you located in as there maybe a region option we have missed ?

My location is Iran.According to the attached pictures, a small advantage of the TP-link modem is updating the names of the Iranian isp. However, I had to manually enter vpi and vci in Asus modem. Asus’s list seems to need updating.
    Do you think this could be a problem?

also This link is available on the Softpedia site, which supports this version after the Iranian isp.

For your information, I did not download any firmware this site at all, just to see description.

Best Regards

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Meisam.

lostcause
    Participant

If the issue cannot be resolved with different modem settings, then you might want to look into:

• contacting your ISP to do a line check. (like Sentinel said few posts back)
    • use other modem (which you already do)
    • repair the Asus DSL-N16 if possible. Clean the circuit board with compressed air and check the RJ11 terminals for damage / corrosion.

Hope this helps

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Entering te vpi and vci values manually should be Ok, ASIS kit is usually good at taking direct configuration changes.

You (we) seemed to have covered all the obvious options and it does seem like either a wire or something else is causing the issues, maybe like in UK, BT do not like users using Modems that are not Broadcom or Lantiq (Infineon) and if possible try to obtain a new replacement preferable a separate modem and router.

Usually for ADSL the MediaTek devices work well especially with Annex M for increased upload synch speed, but on this occasion you are unlucky

Meisam
    Participant

One issue I just remembered is that your device shows invalid message during firmware installation Is it okay?

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

No .try below firmware for your device, It is the DSL-N16 option I believe

DSL-N16_v9.1.2.3_743-gf5b4545.zip and then it needs to be unzipped.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/9A11A78AD414465B853617379C50D180Y

lostcause
    Participant

Meisam
    Participant

DSL ASUSWRT Beta firmware v9.1.2.3_783 now available https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/latest-dsl-asuswrt-firmware-v9-1-2-3_502-g2bdb05b-now-available/page/7/#post-4503

Thank you for informing me. I received and installed this firmware version eleven days ago via the ASUS Feedback Email. I still have more than 60 percent packet loss. I think my internet provider can’t work properly with MediaTek chipsets.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.