DELL Inspiron 7570 Li-ion Battery Initial/ First Charge Time

Home Forums Computers (software & hardware) … Laptops DELL Inspiron 7570 Li-ion Battery Initial/ First Charge Time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3395
    • Skipper

New DELL Inspiron 7570 Li-ion Battery Initial/ First Charge Time

Ok, so just about to installed my lovely new Dell laptop battery and according to some threads, the battery only needs 8 hours or so initial charge, according to other websites, I should charge my Li-ion / Lithium-ion for 16 / 24 hours dependant on whether I have fast charging option available ?

Any thoughts /suggestions as I am inclined to let the battery fully charge and then give it an extra hour at which point the battery is then ready for general (unplugged) use.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 445
    • Addict

They will stop charging when full and may change to hold charge with very little current.

Usually I let all devices with battery charge 24h when I use a battery for the first time. There is some conditioning taking place inside (Ni-Cd).

That all isnt true for Li-Ion accus but wont hurt them and you can be sure it got 100% charge. Cant see any problem to let it on power even a week.

Many will have it powered most of the time or year. Thats not good on badly built/programed devices but ok for the others. And lithium is best at 3/4 charge for long time storage. You should discharge completely every quater of a year till it switches off by itself to keep full capacity.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3395
    • Skipper

Old school (Ni-Cd) batteries, those were the days ;-)

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com