ASUS DSL Legacy (EOL) Firmwares

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS DSL Legacy (EOL) Firmwares

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

I have emailed you with download links and normal UKTechHub.com ASUS Beta T&Cs apply

I have emailed you with download link and normal UKTechHub.com ASUS Beta T&Cs apply

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Jamie Davis
    Participant
    • Posts 2
    • Recruit

Hey UK Sentinel

i have been running the firmware for a few months now and it got some awesome features however do you know why after about 19hrs of being on, the router becomes unresponsive on the web interfaces but is fine if you connect devices to wifi or ethernet but the web index page and app no longer communicate and it stops all my port forwarding rules to my devices. Everything can connect out to the internet while it is in crashed state so i have set the router to auto reboot at 3 am every morning but i would love to get this issue sorted.

after it is in crashed state only way i can communicate with it is use putty and ssh to the router and run reboot command

i have stopped the dhcp server on the router also as i have a Pi-hole running next to it and that does all the assigning i have only just made this change so i will update if it still has issues

Kind Regards

Jamie

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 478
    • Addict

How high gets memory usage before it stops working, often caused by a memory leak maybe only when you use a special feature like AI-protection or QoS.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Good to hear the  DSL-N66U is still going strong

As @Grisu details, keep an eye on RAM usage and see if that keeps increasing upto 19 hours etc.

Also try a different browser, just to make sure then if that fails try the below

I would if possible try a factory reset and rebuild router from scratch (not backup) and hopefully that will clear any issues and then see if that helps ?

I have not seen issues with access to DSL-N66U mentioned on this forum, so hopefully just unique to yourself

Trillian796
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

Hi UK Sentinel,

I’m pleased I found this site as have been wondering for a whilee where I could get an update.

Many thanks for obtaining and providing these , it is much appreciated :-)

Please could you send me the firmware Beta for the DSL-N66U.

Thank you

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Hi UK Sentinel, I’m pleased I found this site as have been wondering for a whilee where I could get an update. Many thanks for obtaining and providing these , it is much appreciated :-) Please could you send me the firmware Beta for the DSL-N66U. Thank you

Welcome and glad you found us, I have sent you an email

Disturbed
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

Hello, i have no idea why i couldnt discover this forum before :)

Can i also have a link for DSL-N66U beta firmware please ?

Thanks in advance

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Hello, i have no idea why i couldnt discover this forum before :) Can i also have a link for DSL-N66U beta firmware please ? Thanks in advance

Glad you found us and I have sent you an email

U-StaSS
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

Hi.

Is it possible to send me a link for latest DSL-N17U beta firmwares or post them here?

Tnx

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

I have emailed you with download link and normal UKTechHub.com ASUS Beta T&Cs apply

Silverbob76
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

Hi

can you please send me a downloadlink for ASUS DSL N12E C1?

By the way, any idea how i can set up as repeater? I cant find the repeater mode on this router.

Thx

Regards, silverbob76

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Welcome, I have emailed you with download link and normal UKTechHub.com ASUS Beta T&Cs apply  

Repeater mode, I don’t think that option is supported on this model, but if it is try the blow option.

Go via ASUS Quick Internet Setup (manual settings) – then run through the UI, at the Internet Setup page there should be Repeater mode option.

Edit: there is a manual work around if indeed Repeater mode is not available, but only for Ethernet backhaul I believe.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.