FRITZ!Box 3490 – FRITZ!OS 7.01

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems AVM FRITZ!Box 3490 – FRITZ!OS 7.01

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    GreyFod
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 3
    • Total Posts 3
    • UKTechHub Newbie

7.01 installed last week. The display at Internet>Online Monitor has changed. It appears to scale the vertical axis to fit the peak throughput in both Downstream and Upstream graphs. I have hunted for ways to change this back to a constant scale, but no success so far.

I have read many manuals and quite a few web pages, but nothing yet found. As this is an often used display, together with data collected from Internet>Online Meter, I would prefer to be able to set the scale appropriate for the Fritz!Box 3490 installed here.

Pointers would be much appreciated.

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Topics 308
    • Replies 1676
    • Total Posts 1984
    • UKTechHub Legend

I have had a look at my Fritz!Box 3490 and what you are looking to do is not available from within the UI (user interface) this is a pre-set view which is not changeable.

I am sure by changing code etc, this can be achieved, but Fritz!box’s do not lend themselves to be customised easily.

Maybe try the feedback option within the UI and see if AVM can assist as I understand they have provided customised firmware for owners (more commercial) etc. but worth a try ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

GreyFod
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 3
    • Total Posts 3
    • UKTechHub Newbie

Thank you, your prompt response is appreciated, as is the confirmation.

I am surprised that this change was made, but not documented. I might be unfair, but I haven’t found any.

I shall follow your suggestion and all response will be posted here.

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 308
    • Replies 1676
    • Total Posts 1984
    • UKTechHub Legend

Thank you, your prompt response is appreciated, as is the confirmation. I am surprised that this change was made, but not documented. I might be unfair, but I haven’t found any. I shall follow your suggestion and all response will be posted here.

You are welcome and please do, the Fritz!Box 3490 is a great little ADSL/VDSL box and very reliable, it will be interesting to see how AVM handle this particular scenario ;-)

GreyFod
    Participant
    • Topics 0
    • Replies 3
    • Total Posts 3
    • UKTechHub Newbie

After the exchange of several mails, I received –

I now understand what you mean regarding the scale of the graphs. This behaviour is automatic in order to display the entire up and downstream. Unfortunately, the scale cannot be fixed.

I have therefore forwarded your wish as an enhancement request to the product manager in charge. Perhaps we can implement it in one of the next FRITZ!OS updates as we have already done for numerous suggestions from our customers in the past.

I am very disappointed. I have asked where this change was documented, I can’t find anything, and how it was justified. Changing the scale on a graph seems crazy. If I hear more, I shall add it here.

UK Sentinel
    • Topics 308
    • Replies 1676
    • Total Posts 1984
    • UKTechHub Legend

After the exchange of several mails, I received – I now understand what you mean regarding the scale of the graphs. This behaviour is automatic in order to display the entire up and downstream. Unfortunately, the scale cannot be fixed. I have therefore forwarded your wish as an enhancement request to the product manager in charge. Perhaps we can implement it in one of the next FRITZ!OS updates as we have already done for numerous suggestions from our customers in the past. I am very disappointed. I have asked where this change was documented, I can’t find anything, and how it was justified. Changing the scale on a graph seems crazy. If I hear more, I shall add it here.

Thanks for the update and I received similar responses when I used to send feedbacks to AVM regarding the UPnP and Console gaming, they eventually introduced the Independent Port Sharing option, per device (Great Idea) so they may well adopt your suggestion also, but not quickly if based upon my experience (my glass is always half full) ;-)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.