Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

This topic contains 103 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • Author

ampthetex
    Participant

Try the other options in my above post, especially the MTU etc?

Ok, I shall give them a blast.

ampthetex
    Participant

I reset the box, hard reset on the box, let it find an uplink, then started the wizard, it went through, left it while I did the dishes come back and the exclamation mark had gone, and we was on, but Im getting less than 20mbps, when it should be around 66mbps.

Thanks for the advice

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Need to buy yourself a new toy ;-)

If you can give us a screen dump of the DSL General and DSL LOG page, so  we can see what is going on?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

ampthetex
    Participant

I connected via the 5G WiFi insead of the 2.4GHz and bingo we’re back in business.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I connected via the 5G WiFi insead of the 2.4GHz and bingo we’re back in business.

That is good news issue is only 2.4GHZ wifi, is that with Stock or beta firmware, and did you end up just using the default set-up options, or was tweaking required?

Hopefully this will help others?

port3r
    Participant

Hi, first I would tell you, thanks for this forum. I’m owner of ASUS DSL-N66U. I have one question about your beta firmware. I use original firmware version 1.1.1.3. You recommended me to go to your beta firmware? How mainly reason is to switch to your beta? Thanks for all.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Hi, first I would tell you, thanks for this forum. I’m owner of ASUS DSL-N66U. I have one question about your beta firmware. I use original firmware version 1.1.1.3. You recommended me to go to your beta firmware? How mainly reason is to switch to your beta? Thanks for all.

Welcome and thank you, the Beta firmware from this forum is supplied by ASUS and provides updates and fixes that are better (mostly) than original stock Firmware.

The DSL-AC66U is now reached its EoL (End of Life) support, so ASUS are supporting this model going forward only with beta’s

For changes/improvements in beta firmware’s,  check the changelog description as these articulate what changes have been made

Hope that helps?

port3r
    Participant

Ooo, it’s made by ASUS? Super, It’s safe to use?

What is the one of best or important things of this beta firmware?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  port3r.

port3r
    Participant

It’s possible to use config file from 1.1.1.3 to new beta?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  port3r.

port3r
    Participant

One more time please, in system log is:

Warning! MAC addr not equal to MII master => set MiiMasterMac

What does it means?

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Ooo, it’s made by ASUS? Super, It’s safe to use? What is the one of best or important things of this beta firmware? Thanks

– KRACK patch: WPA2 security vulnerability issue(When the AP receives a retransmitted Message 2/4, it should check the WPA2 processing state. AP should ignore the Message 2/4 if the WPA2 security connection is done). Earlier KRACK patch specifically for ApClient/STA, now later paper by Mathy Vanhoef targets AP, thus need to adopt this additional patch.

It’s possible to use config file from 1.1.1.3 to new beta?

Yes, It is, best to upgrade via UI, download file and unzip, the go to (UI) Advanced Settings > Administration > Firmware Upgrade and select downloaded file

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

One more time please, in system log is:

Warning! MAC addr not equal to MII master => set MiiMasterMac

What does it means?

After you have updated to latest firmware, then see if message is still being created, the error message is related to a specific MAC Address and  Data interface to the Ethernet MAC,  for sending and receiving Ethernet frame data (I believe) but hopefully firmware upgrade will remove problem

port3r
    Participant

Thanks for all, I will give you a response…

port3r
    Participant

Woalaaaa, thank you! I’ve got new beta firmware on my N66U device.

Everything works well.
    Thank you so much again.
    Juraj from Slovakia

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Woalaaaa, thank you! I’ve got new beta firmware on my N66U device. Everything works well. Thank you so much again. Juraj from Slovakia

;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.