New SAMSUNG ecobubble WW90J5456FW/EU 9 kg

Home Forums White Goods Washing Machines New SAMSUNG ecobubble WW90J5456FW/EU 9 kg

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  UK Sentinel 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

So I own the Bosch Exxcel 8 VarioPerfect washing machine and had it for around 5 years, it has been a great machine, I have over the years replaced motor brushes to soften ones as the washing machine use to sound like a jet engine, also replaced front drum to door seal and replaced drive belt.

The Bosch Exceel is starting to show its age, now goes for little walks on heavy loads and doors handle rattles like there in no tomorrow.

So I am going to purchase the SAMSUNG ecobubble WW90J5456FW/EU 9 kg from Curry’s, £450 (£150 reduction) and has the Digital Inverter drive, so no more noisy drive motor bushes.

Has anybody else have one of these, are they any good?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Well my Samsung ecobubble WW90J5456FW arrived yesterday and is now plumbed in, the washing machine looks most elegant in my kitchen and is so much quieter than my old Bosch washing machine.

So far used the Daily wash and 15 minute wash and spins very smoothly, in fact, the noisiest part of the wash cycle is not the final spin but the rather loud water drainage pump during the different cycles, which is rather annoying, also when wash is completed, the washing machine plays a little tune (sad but true). I am going to have to change that ASAP ;-)

But given the price, a good choice was made.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Update on my Samsung Ecobubble WW90J5456FW washing machine, it now makes the rest of my kitchen look old but the washer is still working very well, lovely and quite, no problems and washes very well.

Occasionally a sock gets caught in the door lip, so does not spin dry, but that’s about it, a lovely machine and it is good to be able to talk in the kitchen area whilst the washing machine is running ;-)

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

As an update some 5 month later, my Samsung washing machine has developed a screeching noise when the drum rotates slowly , turning the drum by hand also creates the same noise, it is almost like rubber being dragged across Glass type noise, most annoying at very low revs, but noise does disappear once drum spins at higher/full speeds.

I have contacted Samsung support and got the usual “make sure washing machine is level etc. etc. and now awaiting feedback after  informing Samsung support that the recommendations did not work.

As you can see in attached video, I removed the rear cover of the washing machine and videoed rear of the drum and the screeching noise.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel. Reason: Added Video

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

I wouldnt buy a washing machine (and similar or in kitchen) from Asian production.

So I stay with my Miele and be happy for >>10 years.

Sure there are others too from EU with good quality, yes more pricey, but less hassle.

Remove belt, then you should or may be able to localize where it is coming from turning by hand.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I wouldnt buy a washing machine (and similar or in kitchen) from Asian production. So I stay with my Miele and be happy for >>10 years. Sure there are others too from EU with good quality, yes more pricey, but less hassle. Remove belt, then you should or may be able to localize where it is coming from turning by hand.

I understand what you mean regarding Asian production, when I was purchasing my new Washing Machine, I was concerned how Brexit would effect Support/Warrenty in the years ahead, hence why I looked for appliances outside of the EU.

Funny thing is my Samsung Washing machine has a label on it saying ‘made in Poland’ ;-)

It will be interesting to see what Samsung support say if they visit my machine because the machine is still in Warranty ?

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

As an update, had Samsung Engineer visit my washing machine today and confirmed noise was indeed Bearing related, they have ordered new Drum and Tub (one unit) under warranty and are back next Thursday 1st August to fit new Drum and Tub assembly.

They took there time but good news (hopefully) at long last ;-)

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

The Samsung Engineer returned last week and replaced the Drum and Tub, washing machine has been running for a week and no screeching noise.

Relieved Samsung  customer I am once again and all work undertaken via warranty (no cost),  only my time wasted ;-)

Grisu
    Grisu
    Participant

Hope with you that it will last longer now till noise comes back again ;-)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Grisu Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Har har, but true, time will tell ;-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.