SanDisk – SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB

Home Forums Computers (software & hardware) Desktops SanDisk – SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2181
    • UKTechHub Skipper

So looking to upgrade my sons PC  – custom built (used for gaming and uni work etc.) SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB for just £84.99

The drive has SATA III Interface and Sequential Read Performance of 535MB/s which for the price seems very reasonable especially as Sandisk is part  of Western Digital, so a solid company with good history?

They also seem to offer a 480GB SSD Driver, same specs for just £52.99, which again does seem great value

https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/products/internal-drives/sandisk-ssd-plus-sata-iii-ssd?utm_medium=pdsh2&utm_source=gads&utm_campaign=SanDisk-UK-PLA&utm_content=946295299382&utm_term=SDSSDA-480G-G26#SDSSDA-1T00-G26

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2181
    • UKTechHub Skipper

“This is more of a note/reminder to myself ” – for SSD disk management software, Sandisk use a product called Dashboard which you can download and will enable you to manage the SSD drive, but this does not seem to offer a disk cloning option ? Acronis True Image WD Edition Software seems to be the default for Sandisk but will have to give it a try if I order the Sandisk SSD drive and I do hope it is free .

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11678/kw/cloning

Looking around for an alternative free disk cloning option, http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree  seems well supported ?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2181
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Whilst i was looking at SSD drives I noted that there are 2 types of drives which are readily available – NVMe drives and SATA drives.

A NVME SSD drive (3500 MB/s) absolutely destroys a SSD SATA drive (600 MB/s) in terms of raw throughput but in real terms the difference between going SATA to NVME are marginal when using current methods for loading windows/games etc. so not a real draw back to stick with SATA 111 Interface without the added expense of changing mother boards etc.

When like myself, you are upgrading form a traditional HDD to an SSD drive, then this is where you will notice the biggest change in starting up widows etc. and save a few pounds in the process

Hard Disk Speeds:

• Traditional 7200 RPM HDD: 160 MB/s
    • SATA III SSD: 600 MB/s
    • NVME M.2 SSD: 3500 MB/s

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by UK Sentinel.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2181
    • UKTechHub Skipper

So I just check my link above and looks like the SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB which was available for  £84.99 now costs £96.99

So £12 increase in less than 3 weeks,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.