ASUS DSL-AC68U Help

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS DSL-AC68U Help

• This topic has 33 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by GrisuGrisu.
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

From an ASUS perspective, the ASUS RT-AC86U is a great all-round unit and if purchased new, should be fine for most scenarios.

A slightly more powerful unit is something like the RT-AX88U, but is newer model and firmware is still young, but likewise it is a little more future proof in terms of Firmware updates.

Either can be flashed with Merlin firmware and should work well with DDNS (not tried it myself )

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

dpuk
    Participant

Thanks

Whilst I agree both routers, are probably great.
    Has anybody actually used them in Double NAT situation, and still got DDNS working ?

If I do replace the DSL router, I need to be certain I can overcome the Double NAT/DDNS issue with whatever I choose Asus or non Asus.

ASUS DSL-AC68U for sale

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Maybe an option (for testing only) to try @Grisu suggestion of GNUton firmware on your DSL-AC68U as it is built in part using ASUSWRT-Merlin firmware. hopefully GNUtons build has included the DDNS option for Double NAT

Then this should be a good indication if this option will support  DDNS and a good reference to others also in this dilemma.

I have not tried DDNS behind double NAT, maybe others on this forum have ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

GrisuGrisu
    Participant

It works well with all newer Merlin firmwares, tested it long time a year ago.

They only have broken Lets Encrypt (due to protocol change) which effected DDNS (if you used LE).

But should be solved now, maybe you have to wait till GNUton updated his firmware for it, you could still test without LE.

You can trust both, open source and you can look at their code.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by GrisuGrisu.
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.