ASUS DSL-AC88U / 3100 to Fix List

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS DSL-AC88U / 3100 to Fix List

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I have created this post/Topic so users of the DSL-AC88U / 3100 can add there found bugs/missing features etc. so I can pass back to ASUS.

This is for Firmware’s after – Version 1.10.06_Build591

Needs to be looked at/fixed/added includes:

• Support VLAN ID tagging whilst in Bridge Mode
    • Correctly manange UK IPv6 /56 addresses (DHCP)
    • Handle transfer speeds above 60 Mbps LAN to LAN and WAN to LAn when AiProtection is enabled.
    •  Enable AiPotection to manage G.fast speeds
    • Fix AiProtection bugs (On for LAN to LAN even when disabled)
    • Resolve the wifi MU MIMO feature to be added
    •  Enable limited Telnet Access
    •  Enable AiMesh (nice to have)
    • Resolve DHCP Lease time issues ? (fixed by adjusting Group Key Rotation Interval)
    •  Better QoS tools (download limiter missing)
    • DNS mapping / stability issues (maybe Cloudflare DNS Issue)

I am sure I have missed others, – but I have a day job ;-)

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I am unsure if memory (RAM) increase is still an issue of 591 firmware ?

pavlf
    Participant

I’m less knowledgeable than everyone else here so I can’t say for anything complex, but I was still having memory issues until I turned off the open vpn server. After that it went for over 100 days without issue. It did finally become inaccessible – though it was still functioning – last week.  Also from time to time I have to turn on and turn off 2ghz to get things to connect.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I’m less knowledgeable than everyone else here so I can’t say for anything complex, but I was still having memory issues until I turned off the open vpn server. After that it went for over 100 days without issue. It did finally become inaccessible – though it was still functioning – last week. Also from time to time I have to turn on and turn off 2ghz to get things to connect.

Thank you ;-)

Mrk26
    Participant

For me ram stayed at the moment at 180MB so no issues here . Im not sure if this what you mentioned about QoS including download speed for individual device connected.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

For me ram stayed at the moment at 180MB so no issues here . Im not sure if this what you mentioned about QoS including download speed for individual device connected.

Tonxboy
    Participant

Is there any ETA on any updates to the DSL-AC88U?

I went and bought it yesterday, after so much research my head was pickled in details. Id gotten so confused between the RT and the DSL version. Imagine my sadness, when i couldnt get IPV6 to work with BT Infinity, The IOS App doesnt work, there is no NU-MIMO enabled, no decent QOS. No Game boosting etc…

The only thing just stopping me from taking it back and getting another Brand, is even in its current form, the wifi works better than the HomeHub it replaced! Am I being greedy to want it all, what really should be there already? It is 4 years old after all.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I have asked ASUS for a changelog last week and they said it would be passed to myself once ready, alas no ETA and I am not holding my breath for this month as even I have not had a beta to try yet ?

Currently, IPv6 (/56) broken, QoS is poor and MU-MIMO is yet to be introduced, Gameboost will never happen.

As you imply, next firmware we all hope is fit for purpose, but if I had to make the decision today, I would ditch DSL-AC88U and buy separate modem and router only if I did not need G.fast.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.