ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS ASUS – DSL-AC88U / DSL-AC3100 Firmwares (beta's) etc.

This topic contains 912 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  pavlf 3 hours, 56 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 913 total)
  • Author
    Iggy82
    Iggy82
    Participant

Happy to try 527 and report back if I can be provided with a download link?

gigios
    gigios
    Participant

No! In this test the AI is disabled (also with the last beta was disabled).

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by gigios gigios.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I like your avatar ;-), would be interesting to see the difference if AiProtection was ON ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

I will ask ASUS ;-)

Iggy82
    Iggy82
    Participant

We’ll I’ve tried 503, 502, 460 & 352 without any joy, every time I have used the Plusnet + Youview setting and there was no internet connection to the Youview box, let alone IPTV channels

Just installed 583 beta with the Plusnet + Youview setting, and it’s now working fine (Although how long I do not know due to these potential memory leaks).  I did have to enable Traffic Management and set the upload speed to 18mbps in order for HD/4K channels to work properly, on the advice of
    ‘d10brp’ on the BT forums

1. How can I monitor the memory usage?
    2. Do you think ASUS is getting close to finding the solution to the memory leaks?
    3. Should I give up, sell this router and find a suitable replacement!?

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Still awaiting feedback from ASUS regarding 527, but glad you have tried newer firmware’s and at least YouView is working

1. Go to UI (User Interface) Network Map, on the Right Hand Side is Status, and Memory Usage should be shown in a graph there (My DSL-AC88U is not plugged in, so I am guessing a little)
    2. Problem has been going for a few months, but they are on the case, so hopefully next month or so for a fix ?
    3. Trouble is with this option, finding another unit (modem/router) combo that provides the same options, only TP-Link and Netgear units spring to mind and some models are better than others

gigios
    gigios
    Participant

Currently I’m testing the build 527 as suggested by Asus, but I’m not able to connect from a remote connection, probably for some Firewall problems described also in the other forum.

The avatar reflect my real name :D

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by gigios gigios.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Yes, this release had FW issues, If you have a moment, go to http://WWW.GRC.com (https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2) and select the All Ports Option, I suggest this as this firmware version (at the time) had ports set to closed, but not stealthed, so could be a potential security concern you need to be aware off?

gigios
    gigios
    Participant

For the moment I am not able to take the test.

I’ll try this evening and I’ll probably switch on to a more recent build. (I have all the zip archives of the builds used in the past).

darkblak
    Participant

I have run shields up and I have 2 ports open and the rest are showing as closed. ASUS have asked me to stay with 527 for 7 days. I don’t know, but I think, they may use this build as a base going forward as it doesn’t have the memory leak.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  darkblak. Reason: changed beta to correct number
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Yes, just spoke with ASUS and they have there fingers crossed for build 527 and No memory issues

Just be careful about the OPEN Ports etc.

darkblak
    Participant

Thank you will do.  I had AIProtection on at the beginning – turned it off a day ago and memory is at 172MB used. I have plenty more stress testing to do :-)

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

@Iggy82 – ASUS have asked me to ask you if you would be kind enough to try build578, they understand this release has memory loss issues, but wished to understand if PlusNet / YouView worked also like it does with 583.
    Because they are in a continuous development regime, it is sometimes hard to go back to far for particular issues to be resolved, and is for their benefit, so helps all DSL user etc ;)

DSL-AC88U_v9.10.06_build578.zip
    https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/443008BE2B924AABB1EB2795056AC4BEY

Iggy82
    Iggy82
    Participant

I can do in a couple of days, but first I am in the middle of my own tests!….

I had loads of WiFi connectivity issues with 583, particularly on the 2.4Ghz band, with devices unable to connect or only able after several attempts.  Eventually, I downgraded to the current official stable release (503), factory reset and setup the router again.

For some reason I cannot fathom, my IPTV (Youview) is still working fine!  I did continue to have WiFi issues, although not as bad.  I managed to resolve the remaining WiFi issues by switching off ‘Airtime Fairness’ and setting the Multicast Rate to 54Mbps max.  Also, about 3 restarts of the router itself seemed to help.  At the moment, everything is working properly on 503 but I obviously want to monitor this for a few more days to ensure its stable and reliable.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

No problem and any assistance is good

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 913 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.