ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 384 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 43
    • Regular

I’d normally be fine experimenting, but my wife needs a stable system for work. It’s not clear if the issue is with the connection itself, or just the mesh node.

So many variables and all taking some time to test out – and even afterwards, you don’t necessarily have conclusive proof of what went wrong and what might have just been a coincidence.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Agreed, it is not simple, like most things in life nowadays.

Thank goodness for the FRITZ!Repeater 6000 or simular

https://en.avm.de/products/fritzwlan/

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

She’s still working and had no issues (as of 1630) so that’s a great sign!

How has this week been, any disconnects ?

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 43
    • Regular

She’s still working and had no issues (as of 1630) so that’s a great sign!

How has this week been, any disconnects ?

Not. a. single. disconnect. She’s extremely happy and so am I!

Clearly Asus needs to look at what it changed after this firmware, because if they can’t isolate the problem then presumably every new firmware build will have the same issue – and I will simply not update it from now on.

Problem is, I’d sooner not have an old firmware forever more given the need for security updates and other optimisations that we’ll miss out on.

Also, while I cannot be 100% sure of this as I don’t monitor 24/7, the mesh node is still maintaining a solid 5GHz connection whenever I’ve checked, and it doesn’t reboot every morning – so for all intents and purposes, it has been rock solid since reverting the firmware.

Jacky Decoster
    Participant
    • Posts 14
    • Regular

great to hear I’m not alone : same here : v 42095 rock solid.

What I’ve mentionned a couple of months ago :

firmware 42095 : about 72.5 mb

all above 42095 : about 55 mb

what did Asus cut out?

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 43
    • Regular

great to hear I’m not alone : same here : v 42095 rock solid. What I’ve mentionned a couple of months ago : firmware 42095 : about 72.5 mb all above 42095 : about 55 mb what did Asus cut out?

The stuff that makes it work!!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Not. a. single. disconnect. She’s extremely happy and so am I!

Great to hear and I will chase ASUS this week, regarding a stable update ?

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 247
    • Regular

Great to hear and I will chase ASUS this week, regarding a stable update ?

Please do as I do not get any response.  Asus seem to be taking time, hopefully they have isolated the issue.  I also reverted to 42095 for piece of mind and stability.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

Please do as I do not get any response.  Asus seem to be taking time, hopefully they have isolated the issue.  I also reverted to 42095 for piece of mind and stability.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

I have chased ASUS again today for any news regarding new firmware for the ASUS ZenWiFi AX

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 247
    • Regular

I have chased ASUS again today for any news regarding new firmware for the ASUS ZenWiFi AX

Thanks, hopefully they respond

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

So I have had feedback from ASUS this morning regarding XT8 Firmware –

FWIW: ASUS are looking into the stability issues also,

——-

Regarding XT8 firmware, our team still checking issues raised by customers. No clear schedule for next release at the moment

——-

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 247
    • Regular

So I have had feedback from ASUS this morning regarding XT8 Firmware – FWIW: ASUS are looking into the stability issues also, ——- Regarding XT8 firmware, our team still checking issues raised by customers. No clear schedule for next release at the moment ——-

I had a feeling they must be looking into the stability issues.  Thanks for following up with your contact.

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 43
    • Regular

I know we’ve had Christmas and New Year, but I do wonder if we’ll get any more updates soon.

My wife has had no issues with Teams but I have had a few occasions now where the node has dropped to 2.4GHz (yellow LED) and no amount of optimising or rebooting via the app/web has fixed it.

A simple toggle of the power switch on the unit itself fixes it every time though.

It’s a bit annoying to see this issue return, but I’m now going to put back on the nightly reboot at 0400 to see if that solves the issue (even though triggering a reboot doesn’t). If that doesn’t work, the next possible solution is to use an old-fashioned timer switch to turn the power off for 10-15 minutes (whatever the minimum time is) and reboot the node that way.

Besides this, 42095 is still proving to be excellent and I’ve had no connectivity issues at all.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 4233
    • Skipper

A simple toggle of the power switch on the unit itself fixes it every time though.

This can cause corruption over time, so should be a last resort ?

I will chase ASUS again to see how they are progressing

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 384 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.