DamnWRT DSL-N14U (New Bug)

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS DamnWRT DSL-N14U (New Bug)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2253
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I reduced the size of the screenshot and uploaded it again

Perfect, I will have a chat with ASUS

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2253
    • UKTechHub Skipper

@LastWarrior – Ok, so I spoke with ASUS and they agree there is a bug when using that special character, ASUS say they will look into correcting the error in future firmware releases, but alas no idea of times scales currently (usually they are fairly quick with their MediaTeK units due to chipset manufacturer being very helpful)

LastWarrior
    Participant
    • Posts 9
    • UKTechHub Recruit

The bug still persists and no resolution has been provided for 3 months. There is not even new firmware.

Although I am in the latest beta firmware (v9.1.2.3_858), there has been no improvement in this problem for 3 months. This is totally disappointing.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2253
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I did chase ASUS last week (I think it was last week) on new Firmware’s for their MediaTek range of routers, alas nothing for the next couple of months at least

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2253
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I think I found something. The “client list” crashes whenever my ip camera is connected to the network. While browsing the modem interface, I noticed a problem in the camera’s DHCP host name. The modem cannot read some letters :( [ Some characters look like this: ����� � in http://192.168.1.1/Main_DHCPStatus_Content.asp page ] And I think this will cause a crash

@lastwarrior – has this latest firmware from ASUS fixed the special characters issue you was having with your IP cameras ?

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/0C8B540FC9394CCE9F4E02B88720B96AY

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.