Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others beta (labor) firmware 7.19 for DE & INT

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems AVM Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others beta (labor) firmware 7.19 for DE & INT

• This topic has 93 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2178
    • UKTechHub Skipper

That sounds good, thanks for update and great advice

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

NEW 7590 BETA for ALL, avm and amve branding, so it can be used for DE and INTernational versions of 7590!

https://avm.de/fileadmin/user_upload/DE/Labor/Download/fritzbox-7590-labor-74093.zip

Still had no time to test, main functions seems to work finde, mesh, sync are as before.

WPA3 support, SMB2+3 (not tested), better band and mesh node steering and lot more (look at the changelog).

I think there is one for 7490 too, but dont have one to test for INT-version compatibility.

First impressions:

Mesh node and band steering almost perfect now for me!

5GHz devices will now very fast use it and changing faster to mesh-nodes while moving, only legacy clients with no support for it have to rely on 2,4GHz.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2178
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I heard that the beta for the 7490 beta download has been pulled – shame really as this is a popular unit

https://en.avm.de/fritz-lab/

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

No, not pulled but updated for both 7590 to 74232 and 7490 to 74231

https://avm.de/fritz-labor/frisch-aus-der-entwicklung/frisch-aus-der-entwicklung/

You have to choose Germany (Deutschland) as country on the bottom of the site if it is set to any other country in your browser.

https://avm.de/fileadmin/user_upload/DE/Labor/Download/fritzbox-7590-labor-74232.zip

https://avm.de/fileadmin/user_upload/DE/Labor/Download/fritzbox-7490-labor-74231.zip

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2178
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Great and thanks for clarity

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

Now they are on version 7.19.75737 for 7590 and most things are fixed now.

Many routers and repeaters got beta or so called Labor-firmwares.

I think we wont have to wait much longer for first stable release 7.19 or 7.20.

And they added hardware encryption for VPN on router which is much faster now than before.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Grisu.
    Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

OS 7.20 for 7590 released: fritzos-720

WPA3 support, hardware acceleration for VPN, SMB v2 and v3, country support and multi language (English, German, French, Italian, Polish, Dutch and Spanish) and some more features.

Others will follow someday.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2178
    • UKTechHub Skipper

@Grisu, thanks for the update news, always good news, I have not looked at AVM for a little while, do you know how AVM Fritz!box are proceeding with Wifi 6 standards and associated devices that support wifi 6 ?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

There is no Wifi6 DSL-device from AVM right now, but rumors that a 7590 2nd edition may get it.

3 others for cable 6660 and fiber 5550 5530 got Wifi6.

Personally I dont see much benefit and will wait for Wifi6e with all the new 5GHz ranges.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2178
    • UKTechHub Skipper

The 7590 2nd edition sound very interesting and good to know that AVM have some wifi 6 compatible devices

Wi-Fi 6E and 6 GHz frequencies will be another big step for chipset manufacturers, thanks for the AVM update and the peak at future AVM offerings

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

OS 7.20 released for 7590, still waiting for 7582 hope there will be a labor version soon.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2178
    • UKTechHub Skipper

OS 7.20 released for 7590, still waiting for 7582 hope there will be a labor version soon.

Thanks for update news, I believe release 7.20 supports  WPA3 encryption so very useful for those who can use WPA3

Full details for 7.20 release – https://en.avm.de/products/fritzos/fritzos-720/

jaffacake
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • UKTechHub Recruit

Confirmed about the WPA3, updated my 7590 a couple of weeks ago and my daughter’s realme 6 connected with that protocol at once. Thank you for the update!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2178
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Confirmed about the WPA3, updated my 7590 a couple of weeks ago and my daughter’s realme 6 connected with that protocol at once. Thank you for the update!

Glad you are still enjoying your 7590 and the new benefits

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 256
    • UKTechHub Regular

SMB2/3 support now too and on newer models like 7590 VPN hardware acceleration is used first time.

DoT still reported little buggy by some after days of use (not all see problems with it).

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Grisu.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.