Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others 7.08beta firmware and 7.10 released for DE

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems AVM Fritz!Box 7590 7582 and others 7.08beta firmware and 7.10 released for DE

• This topic has 69 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 days, 1 hour ago by hushcoden.
Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    GrisuGrisu
    Participant

If you have new clients like Intel 9260 you can even enable 160MHz bandwith which will double WiFi speed on intranet (o/c you still stay limited to internet by your line).

I know RJ11 and RJ45 are fully compatible! Though some will complain that outer pins may be bent up, but usually they are elastically enough to go down again, and WTF we dont need them except you have ISDN instead of POTS and then you have to use RJ45 anyway.

Yes German AVM programmers do a good job, others in the world would or could do the same. But NOT Chinese and all other consumer products nowadays will come from there

PS: You should go out for a walk and then do “something even better” too.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by GrisuGrisu.
    GrisuGrisu
    Participant

Did some testing on NAS functionality on my 7590 with old external 2,5″ 500GB HDD on USB port and formated with ext4 as NTFS will serve only about half speeds. Large HDD not tested but reported to work too, partitions limited to 4TB (I personally wont use that).

Working quite reliable for me with good enough speeds for our needs (music and video streaming and little backup or file sharing).

I tested large files with 67GB data as well as many 171000 files filling disk and all ok.

Using SMB for file transfer, FTP working but much slower for small files (thought it should be faster). PC connected over LAN, Wifi (link speed 800Mb/s) will slower read and write ~20%.

USB3.0 isn’t much faster than 2.0 with my HDD, maybe SSD could get little more, so in future I will use USB2.0 (green mode) only to keep my 2.4GHz Wifi perfect for backhaul to remote mesh-node.

Here my results:

large file read/write: 55/22 MB/s

small files (1kB) read and write same: 1850 files per minute or 31/s

file mix 10GB in 10000 files read/write completed in: 10/15 min thats about 17/12 MB/s

Read: https://www.snbforums.com/attachments/upload_2019-11-18_9-34-45-png.19934/

Write: https://www.snbforums.com/attachments/upload_2019-11-18_9-35-28-png.19935/

Retested with smaller files read/write in USB2.0 – USB3.0 mode on HDD:

single 1GB file: 27/52s – 21/50s

1000x 1kB files: 44/38s – 43/37s

Mix 1GB file and 1000x 1k files: 69/88s – 64/85s

Result did prove with mix-test as it is about summarized times of the 2 single test.

USB3.0 will be noticeably faster only for reading large files.

Would be interesting to see how it could be improved using a SSD.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by GrisuGrisu.
    hushcoden
    Participant

Hi there, can someone confirm whether the 7582 can be used in bridge mode?

I’m following this on eBay and it seems it supports Annex A, so it should work in the UK…

Tia.

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

The Fritz!Box 7582 supports PPPoE Passthrough which is almost like bridge mode according to the sales pitch.

I have used PPPoE Passthrough on my Fritz!Box 3490 and it worked well, (I am with BT) but unsure if used with SKY as they use a system known as MER which is a dhcp request with option 60,61 for PPPoE.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://ch.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7582/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/3232_PPPoE-Passthrough-in-FRITZ-Box-einrichten/&prev=search

If you are a SKY customer, just have to ensure your router supports SKY setup etc. and hope the Fritz!box when set-up in PPPoE Passthrough mode will allow (pass on) the DHCP request with option 60, 61 to be handled by the router ? (not tried it myself)

Hopefully @Grisu can advise as I believe he has/had the 7582

• This reply was modified 3 days, 2 hours ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

hushcoden
    Participant

Thanks and yes I’m with Sky and I use an R7000 with FreshTomato which handles DHCP 61… Just thinking to upgrade my ZyXEL modem and I was looking at some new G.fast ready modem…

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Nice idea, do you know what type of cabinet/dslam you connect to (ECI/Huawei) as ECI cabs do not support G.fast.

Also, G.fast only works upto a range/distance of 300-400m from Cab ?

hushcoden
    Participant

ECI cabinet, unfortunately… Sky is now offering in my area Ultrafast Internet up to 145Mb/s and I believe I read is on G.fast, otherwise is it 35b ?

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

ECI cabinet, unfortunately… Sky is now offering in my area Ultrafast Internet up to 145Mb/s and I believe I read is on G.fast, otherwise is it 35b ?

Interesting, SKy are known for over stating there service availability, but I suppose the ECI DLSAM/Cab issue could have been fixed (thank goodness)

Let us know how your SKY order progresses as this could be good news for others whom are looking for G.fast on ECI cabs

GrisuGrisu
    Participant

Sorry, cant help with your question about Sky if it could work.

But to be honost I rather dont suppose that it is supported.

There is no bridge mode, but you can leave DSL credentials empty and allow other devices to establish their own connection.

Here somebody did it, you would have to translate: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/7590-als-reines-modem-nutzen.296201/post-2268486

hushcoden
    Participant

Thanks all… After a thorough (Internet) search, my understanding is that PPPoE passthrough is NOT bridge mode, so I will go with something else… perhaps a ZyXEL XMG3927 or Draytek Vigor 166, although for the latter there is no news on when it will be available…

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.