DSL-AC68U – Support setup as AiMesh RE node/child (Beta)

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS DSL-AC68U – Support setup as AiMesh RE node/child (Beta)

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Tuzok
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • UKTechHub Recruit

Has anybody tried the wired backhaul setup. I am happy to try as long as I get some guidance on how to do it!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Has anybody tried the wired backhaul setup. I am happy to try as long as I get some guidance on how to do it!

As far as I was aware, Wired backhaul (Primary to Node) for AiMesh was not yet implemented for DSL-AC68U acting as RE (Node),  I can ask ASUS if you wish for clarity and guidance ?

Edit: I have dropped the ASUS team an email asking if the DSL-AC68U supports AiMesh Ethernet backhaul

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Ok. so spoke with ASUS and the DSL-AC68U does not support wired backhaul when configured as a AiMesh (RE – Node)  as it does not have a dedicated Ethernet WAN port.

@Grisu – hopefully this answers your earlier post also ?

AiMesh Specifics (General):

AiMesh Backhaul = (AiMesh connection between mesh routers – ‘CAP > RE’ )

AiMesh Fronthaul = (normal wifi/ethernet connection between AiMesh routers and client devices)

AiMesh CAP = (AiMesh Primary),

AiMesh RE = (AiMesh Node/Child)

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 262
    • UKTechHub Regular

not good

Do you know why?

I thought on RT-AC68U it should be possible to use a LAN port instead of WAN too, so it would be the same config on DSL or RT, only you loose one port for clients (then unused WAN port). Maybe I’m wrong, did never test it on RT.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

I do not know why ASUS did not choose to use a LAN port to replace WAN port for DSL-AC68U AiMesh child/node with ethernet backhaul, I assume to much extra coding and DSL-AC68U is not a priority

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.