DSL-AC68U – Support setup as AiMesh RE node/child (Beta)

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems ASUS DSL-AC68U – Support setup as AiMesh RE node/child (Beta)

• This topic has 73 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

I finally succeeded, after 3 attempts the dsl was installed as the first node, as you said the router did everything automatically. Thanks again

I assume you tried ethernet backhaul with the DSL-AC68U as node first , which is maybe why it did not work originally  ?

But by switching the DSL-AC68U to RT-AC68U for Ethernet, then AiMesh worked as expected because the DSL-AC68U does not support ethernet backhaul for AiMesh 

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

alessio51
    Participant

just like that!
    I tried again at the end of everything but as I insert the ethernet cable everything collapses, I hope in the next firmware

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Yes, early days for the AiMesh firmware for the DSL-AC68U, but at least we can use the DSL-AC68U as AiMesh node/child which is better than putting them in the bin

alessio51
    Participant

hello and happy new year, the new DSL-AC68U firmware supports ethernet backhaul for AiMesh
    Thank you

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

hello and happy new year, the new DSL-AC68U firmware supports ethernet backhaul for AiMesh Thank you

Thanks for update, is AiMesh Ethernet Backhaul supported when DSL-AC68U router is set to Child / Node  option ?

alessio51
    Participant

Yes

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

That s good news, thanks for the updated news

GrisuGrisu
    Participant

the new DSL-AC68U firmware supports ethernet backhaul for AiMesh

Which LAN port should be used on the DSL-AC68U when setup as aimesh node?

Is there anything to be set before it will connects as aimesh-child?

Someone else who can commit this working?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by GrisuGrisu.
    UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Alas my old DSL-AC68U is running RMerlin firmware, so cannot test, but issue maybe the AiMesh Primary router not having latest firmware ? what is Primary RT Model ? are there any other Nodes on AiMesh topology ?

I am still surprised ASUS got the DSL-AC68U to support AiMesh – Node – Ethernet, so will be good if others have managed to get this to work ?

I did notice (whilst I was testing) on my set-up that I can connect via AiMesh (wifi) and then via the Primary AiMesh wifi router change the Interface option to suit an Ethernet connection LAN 1 or LAN 4  for the Node – my set-up is via Wifi currently

P.S are we assisting SNB Forum members again

(pic below (not my setup) shows ‘INTERFACE’  option on far Right Lower dialogue box)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.

alessio51
    Participant

I tried on lan1 but the system is still unstable. The network does not turn off but there are continuous freez … we await the next firmware bye

GrisuGrisu
    Participant

Thanks, so we might have to wait.

Boss19
    Participant

Thanks, so we might have to wait.

Hello @Grisu

Coming over from the SNB forum in regards to an internet disconnect issue… noticed your PM privileges have been removed.

In any case, regarding those commands and ATEMODE, can you provide any further insight on resolving that issue.

Much appreciated.

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

Welcome @Boss19, is this question relating to the DSL-AC68U (AiMesh) and please detail whole question so we can all have a look

UK SentinelUK Sentinel

@boss19 thread moved to Thread Moved

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by UK SentinelUK Sentinel.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.