iPhone – “Unable to verify this iPhone has a genuine Apple display”

Home Forums Mobile … iPhones iPhone – “Unable to verify this iPhone has a genuine Apple display”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

So thinking of replacing a damaged iPhone 11 Pro OLED screen as it is cracked and Apple UK charge £266 which I do not mind and totally understand, but as times are hard and I love tinkering, I am looking at maybe performing this task myself .

From reading many articles online, seems the biggest challenge is making sure the iPhone 11 after the screen has been replaced does not come up with the messages / problems:

Note: if your iPhone is still within warranty, then you need to ensure the screen is replaced by Apple or an authorised Apple repair centre (to unsure warranty is not voided)

• “Unable to verify this iPhone has a genuine Apple display”
    • Still supports “true tone”
    • Face ID still works after screen replacement
    • iPhone still remains water tight
    • when screen is turned off, screen is Black, fakes (inferior) screens are Grey.

Will add to this list if I find any other screen issues

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3397
    • Skipper

Now to find a iPhone 11 Pro screen (OLED) not LCD, as it seems many screens sold to suit the iPhone 11 pro online are actually LCD , and only the iPhone 11 had an LCD screen, the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max had an OLED screen

Seems for iPhone 11 – LG manufacture the LCD screen panels

For iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max – Samsung produced the OLED Screens panels

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com