@UKTechHub
.
.

Reply To: My WAN IP address is not the same as external IP, why? I’m sorry for that I’m not very knowledgeable about these issues. Is there a negative impact on my connection?? such as ping vs online games. my modem wan ip 100.110……

› UKTH forums › 🛜 Wireless Routers & Modems › ASUS & Wireless › My WAN IP address is not the same as external IP, why? I’m sorry for that I’m not very knowledgeable about these issues. Is there a negative impact on my connection?? such as ping vs online games. my modem wan ip 100.110…... › Reply To: My WAN IP address is not the same as external IP, why? I’m sorry for that I’m not very knowledgeable about these issues. Is there a negative impact on my connection?? such as ping vs online games. my modem wan ip 100.110……

#3690
UK SentinelUK Sentinel
Keymaster
  • Replies 8,694
  • The Skipper

The Answer will depend upon what ASUS router this is, is it a DSL or RT Router (I assume RT) If RT model than I can guess the WAN IP is that of your Modems IP +1.

WAN IP = ISP modem/Gateway

External IP = Actual Internet IP Address

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Latest Posts