ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Viewing 8 posts - 196 through 203 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3645
    • Skipper

Very kind of you. if you can email me the link (we have chatted offline previously) then I can make this a downloadable link for forum members only.

This new firmware from what I can tell, is no better than release 42095 from a stability perspective,  but if forum members wish to test/try, then  happy to share I am

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3645
    • Skipper

@dodgydrains has kindly shared (with ASUS Engineers consent) there latest ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) firmware which has AiProtection disabled.

This is a beta firmware so usual UKTH ASUS beta T&Cs apply (top of forum)

RT-AX95Q_9.0.3.4_386_43190-g21d3d2b_nodpi_121_37_cferom_pureubi.w (6 downloads)

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

After returning the units and purchasing replacements from Very.co.uk, it looks like these units are now also working without any issues on 43181 (the problem firmware on Microsoft Teams).  Not sure if the beta firmware actually updated something permanently in the units!!!!

Also with Very voucher codes that Very sent to me, managed to get all 4 units for £493 rather than £640

Jacky Decoster
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Recruit

@Dodgydrains : so, what you are saying is :

• first install the beta firmware
    • then re-install official 43181 firmware over beta firmware

and this should resolve the disconnect issue? Correct?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3645
    • Skipper

After returning the units and purchasing replacements from Very.co.uk, it looks like these units are now also working without any issues on 43181 (the problem firmware on Microsoft Teams). Not sure if the beta firmware actually updated something permanently in the units!!!! Also with Very voucher codes that Very sent to me,  

Did you factory reset after upgrade from beta to 43181 as this may explain the miracle

Great price !

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

I am saying not really sure what ‘fixed’ it for me on 43181.  But the steps you mentioned above is what I did.  It has worked for me all this week.  The mysteries of tech.  Asus must know what the issue is, or it could be recent fix on Microsoft Teams side?

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

@UKSentinel, yes I always factory reset when changing firmware.  Once via UI and manually using a pin

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3645
    • Skipper

@UKSentinel, yes I always factory reset when changing firmware.

Then this is most strange, but glad it is working that way

Viewing 8 posts - 196 through 203 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.