ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

Got a beta to test my issue again, see how this goes.  I also RMA’d and bought replacements just in case.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3646
    • Skipper

Got a beta to test my issue again, see how this goes. I also RMA’d and bought replacements just in case.

Glad ASUS are looking after you

Let us know how the testing progresses

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

Initial testing is promising. Updated only (without factory reset) from 43181 to new beta and made 3 Teams calls and none have got stuck or disconnected.  This is with the replacement units.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3646
    • Skipper

Initial testing is promising. Updated only (without factory reset) from 43181 to new beta and made 3 Teams calls and none have got stuck or disconnected. This is with the replacement units.

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

Really solid connection and speed from the node at the far end of the flat.  Hopefully it stays likes this and doesn’t go flaky after a few hours.

One ‘bug’ I have found is that I have parental control time scheduling on but the device shows ‘Time Scheduling’ as ‘OFF’.  Looks like parental control not working in beta?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3646
    • Skipper

Hopefully ASUS ask for feedback from yourself, but does sound promising the new beta from a stability perspective.

Would be interesting as you have new units, if the older firmware (Version 3.0.0.4.386.43181) is tried to see if the issues still remain (all in the name of science )

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

The teams issue was present on the new units with 43181.

I have factory reset the new units and the parental control with new beta is definitely broken.  This was the same with the old beta as well.  Could it be deliberate?

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

Also with the new beta, the 5GHz-2 channel (backhaul) defaults to channel 100 and bandwidth 80MHz.  No way to force to bandwidth 160MHz on channel 100 other than to manually change to something like channel 116.

If I select channel 100 manually then bandwidth 160MHz is enabled, WEIRD!!!!!!

This was present on 42095, but not on 43181.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3646
    • Skipper

Sounds like they are/have reverting to different code elements (blobs) from different previous firmware releases, but they have the best man on the job testing  (@dodgydrains)

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

I have sent feedback on the parental control issue via the new beta UI.  If ASUS fix (activate) parental control on it I can update FW for daily use.  As it stands I will revert back this evening, parental control is a must for me with schools re-opening.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3646
    • Skipper

I have sent feedback on the parental control issue via the new beta UI. If ASUS fix (activate) parental control on it I can update FW for daily use. As it stands I will revert back this evening, parental control is a must for me with schools re-opening.

The firmware you received was via an email with a download link I assume, so maybe worth also sending you comments to the Engineer whom sent you the download link . the feedback option via UI is good, but they receive so many it maybe missed .

Mention UK Sentinel asked you to send via email also, that should stop any possible negative response.

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Would this latest beta be available for anyone else to try? (myself!)

And, as it’s been a long time since I’ve used a beta ROM on an Asus router, will it automatically get an update to the next stable version or require a manual install of that too?

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

I have sent feedback on the parental control issue via the new beta UI. If ASUS fix (activate) parental control on it I can update FW for daily use. As it stands I will revert back this evening, parental control is a must for me with schools re-opening.

The firmware you received was via an email with a download link I assume, so maybe worth also sending you comments to the Engineer whom sent you the download link . the feedback option via UI is good, but they receive so many it maybe missed . Mention UK Sentinel asked you to send via email also, that should stop any possible negative response.

I sent an email first to the engineer and then used UI to send feedback.  Hopefully the Parental Control being borked is deliberate as it was the same with the previous beta.  Just fix this please ASUS……

@Jonathan
    Morris, I would be happy to send the new beta link but not sure that this is allowed.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3646
    • Skipper

Good news regarding you sending feedback by email also

Alas, unsure if ASUS would allow the link to be published, as they dislike beta’s being shared which are unproved.

Happy for you to chat with ASUS Engineer and if ASUS agree, then by all means provide link ….

As you maybe aware, firmware could contain other concerns, hence my caution and myself not wishing to get to involved on this occasion

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 168
    • Regular

This is the response from ASUS engineer team:

Query 1: The only issue I am having with this BETA FW is the parental control is not working even after advanced factory reset.  I have sent feedback via UI with logs.

That’s because the BETA FW turned off AiProtection related features. Later released official FW will turn on it.

Query 2: There is someone on UKTECHhub.com who would like to test this new BETA, am I able to share the link?

It’s ok but please notify that it is just a BETA FW to fix this issue, so some features may not be able to work properly. And it’s only a short solution.

@UK Sentinel, do you want me to send you the link for the new beta?  It may not actually fix any other specific issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.