ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS & Wireless ASUS ZenWiFi AX Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 258 total)
  • Author
    Jacky Decoster
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

still find it fishy that the stable firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095 is about 72.5 mbytes and the newly released 3.0.0.4.386.45898 is 55.65 mbytes.

Where’s the difference?

will wait a bit, until some volunteers try the new firmware out, and post their feedback

Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 23
    • Regular

Just did the update and the mesh node is back on ‘Weak’ and 2.4GHz.

I’ll trigger a reboot and see what happens.

Sigh!

I really don’t want to do a full reset and configure everything again manually, especially as I am not sure it will do anything.

Edit: Optimise did nothing, but two reboots and it eventually came back saying ‘great’ and 5GHz.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Good news your 5GHz back-haul is back in action and glad to see you tried the new firmware 1st ,

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 190
    • Regular

I took the plunge and updated.

Factory reset using UI and then pin reset.  Initial impressions are that setup seemed a little smoother.  Usually adding a node via wireless backhaul takes 2 attempts (using the windows UI) – no idea why.

The backhaul channel defaulted to 116/80MHz.

Changed bandwith to 160MHz and all nodes were showing weak 2.4GHz connection for few minutes and then automatically changed to green in UI and 100/160MHz.

Hopefully Microsoft Teams continues to work fine.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Your Teams calls will give us a great insight into how well this latest firmware version works (stability), keep us updated

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 190
    • Regular

One massive observation with my setup/configuration…….

RAM usage seems substantially lower.  I have 258MB used 254 Free.  It is usually around 210MB free after first complete set up.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 478
    • Addict

still find it fishy that the stable firmware 3.0.0.4.386.42095 is about 72.5 mbytes and the newly released 3.0.0.4.386.45898 is 55.65 mbytes.<noscript></noscript>

Firmware size doesnt tell much or even nothing about whats inside and its quality.

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 190
    • Regular

How does ‘Auto Firmware Upgrade’ work?  Does the router update whenever new firmware becomes available?  If so, good thing it is turned off as default.

I haven’t seen this toggle before in ASUS routers.

Attachments:
    Jonathan Morris
    Participant
    • Posts 23
    • Regular

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

How does ‘Auto Firmware Upgrade’ work? Does the router update whenever new firmware becomes available? If so, good thing it is turned off as default. I haven’t seen this toggle before in ASUS routers.

</p>

If you select it, it asks what time you want to perform an automatic update. I agree it’s probably a little risky for ASUS products!

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 190
    • Regular

First day using Microsoft Teams on new firmware 45898.  Several meetings already which have been extremely stable so far without major issues.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

First day using Microsoft Teams on new firmware 45898. Several meetings already which have been extremely stable so far without major issues.

All your good work with ASUS paid off

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Everyone – Is the latest firmware 45898  providing a good connection and stable, ?

I ask so I can feed this back to ASUS ?

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 190
    • Regular

It has been very stable for me so far.  The free RAM of circa 250MB may be a bug or misreporting as I have never seen this much free RAM with previous firmware.  I will do a complete reboot and see if that remains 250MB free, if so that is amazing.

dodgydrains
    Participant
    • Posts 190
    • Regular

Did a reboot of the devices, free RAM is reporting as roughly 210MB.  This is what it was reported with 43181.  Connection remains solid so far, time will tell.

EDIT: This is weird, after 10 minutes now free RAM has increased to 250MB!!!!

Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3761
    • Skipper

Still good RAM availability but yes odd the quick change from 210 to 250 Mb

Maybe browser cache ?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 258 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.