BT Infinity Disconnects

Home Forums UK Broadband ISP’s BT BT Infinity Disconnects

• This topic has 102 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by AvatarXRW.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Yeah i had 2 somewhere, will have to try and find them, think they are in the loft lol.

Could be interesting, let us know which ones you have when you dig them out, hopefully you will have the HG612 which is Broadcom and as you do not have G.inp (cab limitation) this could be good for testing line etc?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

Well my BT smart hub 2 turned up today, well what a load of rubbish, cant configure static ip addresses (the option to do it is there but it does not save them), can’t assign a separate SSID name for the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Well my BT smart hub 2 turned up today, well what a load of rubbish, cant configure static ip addresses (the option to do it is there but it does not save them), can’t assign a separate SSID name for the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz.

Yep, Smart Hub 2 doesn’t have the ability to split SSID’s, strange you cannot define static IP addresses, maybe try a different browser, if not the address can be manually added on the device itself.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Yep, Smart Hub 2 doesn’t have the ability to split SSID’s, strange you cannot define static IP addresses, maybe try a different browser, if not the address can be manually added on the device itself.

Any joy with finding the HG612 etc.

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

I have not got access to certain peoples devices in the household so cant manually add it on those devices.  I want everyone in the house to have static IP’s.

I have found the HG612, but not tried it yet as i wanted to see how the smart hub 2 performed, and BT are calling back once the smart hub 2 is set up to see if the line has improved.

Tried setting the static IP’s in a different browers but still no joy.  Edge and chrome.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Ok, when BT have finished , try the HG612 as this will work well with you RT-AC86U

Have fun

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

BT done the testing and can’t find a fault, so are sending an engineer out Tuesday.  They say they have reset my line and removed DLM, I asked about the interleaving depth on my line and they said this can not be changed or removed as interleaving is applied if a lot of people are using the internet on my fibre street cabinet, when demand increases interleaving is applied and when demand reduces so does the interleaving.  My line speeds have not changed since the line rest and DLM removal.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Bully.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Is that BT “India” you was speaking with or one of the Technical team in the UK, ?

If engineer arrives, ask them to check for REIN and SHINE on line.

How’s the BT Hub? still having fun ?

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

Yeah India.

Ok.

hub is ok, slowly getting use to it

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

So, Tuesdays engineer was a no show, so they sent another one today, unfortunately they sent one to the house and he said he is an internal engineer not one that visits the street cabinets. They promised an engineer that could inspect the street cabinet.  Any way the engineer they sent checked various things, factory reset hub, checked line speeds and confirmed no faults at property.  He also fitted the latest master socket which he said was not needed but did it anyway.  He also said it seems like BT have capped my speeds.  He has escalated our fault and called it in to BT and arranged an engineer that can inspect street cabinet, who will be coming Monday.  The saga continues.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Thanks for update,

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

Anyway of contacting BT “UK” for complaints/fibre help?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2237
    • UKTechHub Skipper

Anyway of contacting BT “UK” for complaints/fibre help?

That bad eh!  you can also complain via online chat or e-form and that is what I have used in the past

or 0844 776 9616 ;-)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by UK Sentinel.

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

Thanks

Bully
    Participant
    • Posts 378
    • UKTechHub Regular

BT Engineer came today, tested line and found no faults, he reset line profile and i am now getting these stats –

Data rate : 11.795 Mbps / 45.218 Mbps

Maximum data rate : 11.878 Mbps / 45.775 Mbps

Noise margin : 6.1 / 6.1

Line attenuation : 9.9 / 18.9

Signal attenuation : 9.8 / 24.0

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.