BT Infinity Disconnects

Home Forums Broadband ISP’s BT BT Infinity Disconnects

This topic contains 67 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by UK Sentinel UK Sentinel 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Bully
    Bully
    Participant

yes snr is back to 6dB and interleaving has dropped from 1512 to 1306.

Are you implying I should not worry about interleaving depth, error count or disconnects?

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Bully Bully.
    UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

yes snr is back to 6dB and interleaving has dropped from 1512 to 1306. Are you implying I should not worry about interleaving depth, error count or disconnects?

Far from it, I was trying to say, It is errors that are probable causing your lack of Faspath (interleaving) etc.…….

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Bully
    Bully
    Participant

Not sure why I had such a spike in errors 60,000.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

Not sure why I had such a spike in errors 60,000.

Do you know if these spikes happen regularly, once a day, week etc? or just a random occurrence ?

Over a Kitz, they have produced a ‘first class’  thread around line stats. errors etc and what they actually mean

Kitz Line Stats & Erros Defs

Bully
    Bully
    Participant

The 60,000 errors happened over a random 24 hour period.

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

The 60,000 errors happened over a random 24 hour period.

Did you have a look at the Kitz link I provided earlier and did this help clarify ?

Bully
    Bully
    Participant

Yes I did have a look.

CRC Errors – Cyclic Redundancy Check

Count of CRC errors. CRC is an error detection code used to verify packet transmission between the sender and receiving end. A CRC error indicates that part of the data packet is corrupt and requires retransmission. – see Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) for a more in depth explanation.

Many CRC errors in a short period of time will show a noticeable reduction in throughput speed. This can be an early indication that there is too much noise on the line and in extreme situations can lead to loss of sync (disconnection with the exchange).

UK Sentinel
    UK Sentinel

now look at REIN vs SHINE and hopefully by then you will be at the same conclusion I think I am at with your connection issues currently.

Take note of @Grisu comments, as I have had BT engineers follow my line back to Cabinet with their AM radio only only to find issues was street light 😉

REIN vs SHINE:

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.