FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … AVM FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Did you hear back from Seller MOONDROPS AG ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

Nothing yet but it’s the weekend so it’s possible I won’t hear anything until tomorrow onwards.

Looking at Amazon though it shows Model no. 20002930 which is the German version if I understood Grisu correctly. I believe International is 20002944 going by the tech specs on the AVM website so the one showing up on Amazon may not have a UK plug. But as soon as I hear something I’ll post it here 🙂

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Does sound a though the  International is 20002944 , but they maybe English friendly/helpful 

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 329
    • Addict

You are correct, here I found them both on AVM: https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7530-ax/technical-specifications/

20002930 (Germany)
    20002944 (International)

Interesting why in Austria only 2930 are sold, and we need different plugs too, usually international versions are sold here – I’m very confused!

I would assume you can use them both anyhow, only ask for uk-adapters, which is neccessary for both when bought outside UK.

Another interesting fact, that boxmatrix shows 20002930 for de and uk, while 20002944 is listed as provider-version: https://boxmatrix.info/wiki/FRITZ!Box_7530_AX

At the end I still believe 2930 is for all markets and you have to ask for uk-plugs if sold outside your country while 2944 may have some provider limitations (unknown).

There are only 5 hits on google for ‘7530 AX “20002944”‘.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Grisu.
    Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

Received a response 🙂

“Dear Luke,

thank you for your message.
    Yes we send the Item with the requested UK Plug.

Kind Regards

Mandrops AG”

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Received a response 🙂 “Dear Luke, thank you for your message. Yes we send the Item with the requested UK Plug. Kind Regards Mandrops AG”

That is great news, can I ask, what are they charging for the 7530 AX incl/ delivery ?

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

Shows up on Amazon as £184.44 with delivery at £8.40. So £192.84 altogether which isn’t cheap when you compare it to the normal 7530 which is £132.99. Price wise it’s almost on par with the 7590 UK version right now.

I did see one on eBay slightly cheaper but the seller wasn’t exactly forthcoming with adapter details. Just told me to look at the EAN code and images for more details.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

So just short of £200 for piece of mind “hopefully” ,  pricey but  AVM are good with there updates / testing / security etc. and it is wifi 6.

Will be interesting to find out exactly what the chipset is and if u decide to order one and have any issues, let us know as I am sure we can at least smile, 

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

You are correct, here I found them both on AVM: https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7530-ax/technical-specifications/ 20002930 (Germany) 20002944 (International) Interesting why in Austria only 2930 are sold, and we need different plugs too, usually international versions are sold here – I’m very confused! I would assume you can use them both anyhow, only ask for uk-adapters, which is neccessary for both when bought outside UK. Another interesting fact, that boxmatrix shows 20002930 for de and uk, while 20002944 is listed as provider-version: https://boxmatrix.info/wiki/FRITZ!Box_7530_AX At the end I still believe 2930 is for all markets and you have to ask for uk-plugs if sold outside your country while 2944 may have some provider limitations (unknown). There are only 5 hits on google for ‘7530 AX “20002944”‘.

Indeed, BoxMatrix also shows just Annex B and J for the 20002930 version as well and even the AVM website shows the same:

“¹ Annex A and Annex M are only supported by the FRITZ!Box 7530 AX Edition International with the AVM article number 20002944.”
    https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7530-ax/knowledge-base/publication/show/37_Supported-DSL-lines/

All the information on the 7530 AX is a little confusing haha but surely it would work as the firmware I have on my current 7530 allows me to switch between Annex A and B (I need Annex A). Do I risk buying it?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 329
    • Addict

Annex are not relevant anymore on VDSL-lines, times of ADSL are over for most of us and for those few they wont buy this router for only some Mb/s speed.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

To add, you may need this RJ45 plug to RJ11 Socket adapter, only £4, not sure what the 7530 AX uses

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D93LL3Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

Okay, I have gone and taken the risk and I’ve gone and bought it, but also messaged them again on the order to reaffirm that it will work in the UK and has a UK plug. If its anything like the normal 7530 I assume it will be a RJ45 connection still and I can still use a RJ45 cable as my faceplate is the Openreach MK4 but I’ll keep that converter in mind thanks.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 329
    • Addict

No changes on ports.

But you may realize some bugs, ax firmware is very new, but will be corrected over time.

Why do you think to get any advanteges right now? Dont see the great benefit as you have a 7530 already.

I would at least wait some months and take it for much better price then.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

7530 vs 7530 AX have different DSL chipsets it is believed

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

Broadcom modems seem to be better for my FTTC line as its a Huawei cabinet. Seeing as the 7530AX has that then hopefully things should improve over the Intel/Lantiq that is in the normal model I have now.

That’s been my experience anyway. Its possible things may not go to plan but worth the try. Guess I can always return it if it doesn’t work. 😄

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.