FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … AVM FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3018
    • Skipper

@lukenevill-bond – I was not able to show my Fritz!Box Spectrum until after weekend  (As gaming router / rig plugged in) .

I agree all initial connection have the dip, but Your PSD Mask is both excessive and misshaped with others I have seen in the past.

My Cab is Huawei and I am just wondering if it is because your Cab is ECI and hence why a different initial drop profile compared to  both @Grisu and mine  ?

Will be interesting if you have the opportunity this week to plug back in you original 7530 and compare Spectrum profiles etc.

Note: Both my Fritz!Box (Lantiq) and my DSL-AX82U (Broadcom) show  similar Spectrum profiles relative to Cab ?

Fritz!Box 3490

DL-AX82U

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 384
    • Addict

With new 7.2x firmwares (not available for your antique 3490 maybe in some months) you will see upload spectrum (SNR) too.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3018
    • Skipper

I love my 3490 but yes is getting old

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

@uk-sentinel my cabinet is Huawei which is why I paired it with a Broadcom chipset. But I’ll plug in the Lantiq 7530 at some point just to get an image of the Spectrum though to see if there are any differences.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 384
    • Addict

Probably you wont see any relevant differences, seems to be filters in the line or on other end which are responsible for this low SNR in lower spectrum.

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Probably you wont see any relevant differences, seems to be filters in the line or on other end which are responsible for this low SNR in lower spectrum.

Grisu was right. I quickly plugged in the Lantiq 7530 but it wasn’t worth take a screenshot as the spectrum was pretty much the same. It must be set that way at the DSLAM or something as mentioned previously. Two pages who have similar results than me.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Large-Notch-around-1-6-2Mhz-in-my-VDSL-Spectrum/td-p/1758326

https://blog.wirelessmoves.com/2018/06/why-is-my-snr-so-bad-at-2-mhz.html

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3018
    • Skipper

I forgot your Cab was Huawei, ‘my age’, glad both Fritz!Boxs showed a similar Spectrum profile which as @Grisu mentioned, problem further down the line

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 384
    • Addict

Here the answer:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Large-Notch-around-1-6-2Mhz-in-my-VDSL-Spectrum/m-p/1758350/highlight/true#M881389

Do they still have ADSL on your cable, otherwise it could do much better if they remove their filters.

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Here the answer: https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Large-Notch-around-1-6-2Mhz-in-my-VDSL-Spectrum/m-p/1758350/highlight/true#M881389 Do they still have ADSL on your cable, otherwise it could do much better if they remove their filters.

Yeah you can still order standard ADSL. It’s FTTC so still copper wire from cabinet to my premises as well. How I long for the days where they finally roll out FTTP. I’ve attached an image of what BT Wholesale sees my line should be capable of. Currently only syncing at 68megabits down/16megabits up on the router of course but maybe that will improve and get closer to those high targets if SNR goes down further.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3018
    • Skipper

Thanks @Grisu

For anybody else reading this thread: ADSL maxis out at 2Mhz, hence why initial dip in spectrum to stop VDSL signal swamping ADSL signal upto 2Mhz.

This must have a impact on total bandwidth throughput potential, but whilst ADSL services are still available and being used, not much can be done if service meets  quoted SLA speeds etc.

Seems you have the option of FTTP on-Demand, but not a cheap option

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Seems you have the option of FTTP on-Demand, but not a cheap option

Yeah don’t like to think how much the cost would come to which includes installation and then monthly fee for like 3 years I think?

But if the option is available then I assume that it might be pretty easy for them to install FTTP when it comes round to them actually doing it properly as part of the rollout.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3018
    • Skipper

FTTP on-Demand runs from your cab at the end of your road along existing trunking occupied by Copper wires normally, so relatively time consuming and fiddly especially if your on a long line,

We can all dream

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com