FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … AVM FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Nice, the 7530 AXis achieving and extra 12 Mbps download speed, which must be nice, mainly due to the lowering of SNR from 6 to 3 (downstream) ? Carrier records are tone sets and initial handshake of how the cab talks to router (VDSL 2 standards) , nothing to worry about .

Yea I’d say the lowering of the SNR to 3 caused the sync increase. I remember years ago when I was able to sync at 1db SNR (downstream) causing sync speeds of about 71000-72000kbps and 4db (upload) syncing at full 19999kbps but one day the line card I was attached to failed at the cabinet and was replaced and the speeds have never been the same. :(

FTTP can’t come quick enough. 5G will be here before that time, in fact a Phase 8 monopole for Three is expected to go up in my area next week, probably won’t be activated straight away though while they test it but if it’s got the full 100mhz that they like to advertise it should be a decent Home Broadband for those in proximity, unfortunately I’m at the edge of that signal so as soon as I enter my flat my signal is kinda crippled so I rely on my home internet for VoWifi and the like. But mobile tech is a different story that doesn’t belong in this thread. (i could go on a little bit about all the masts and frequencies used etc in my area lol)

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Also, no I haven’t tried a quiet line test to be honest but I just did one and all seems fine.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3217
    • Skipper

Also, no I haven’t tried a quiet line test to be honest but I just did one and all seems fine.

No line noise crackling which is audible by phone ? if not and as your errors are relatively low, then best leave it be but maybe why your 7530 (Lantiq) was not behaving ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

No audible noise on phone and I suppose it’s possible. I’ll see how things go over the next few days.

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

I wonder if it would be worth removing the Mk4 filtered faceplate and trying in the test socket with a normal filter temporarily to see if things change on the spectrum page? Not sure if it would make a difference but I’m weary of constantly doing resyncs as that would most certainly screw up my DLM…

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 413
    • Addict

Never understood why those faceplates are used in UK, dont know them anywhere else in the world and for sure you would get more if you could overcome this drop at lower frequencies.

I would try to use without and lets see what happens.

Carrier can be anyone after sync, have seen A43, B43, J43 and even one more (cant remember maybe C43) in the past.

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Never understood why those faceplates are used in UK, dont know them anywhere else in the world and for sure you would get more if you could overcome this drop at lower frequencies. I would try to use without and lets see what happens. Carrier can be anyone after sync, have seen A43, B43, J43 and even one more (cant remember maybe C43) in the past.

Interesting. When I am home later I’ll take the Mk4 out of play to see what happens. Would be interesting to see/kind of annoying if the Mk4 (which I’ve had since it was released) was the cause of my problems. 🤦

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3217
    • Skipper

The faceplates provide a level of RF filtering but the MK4 are troublesome, as they provide no REIN (impulse) protection.

MK3 where the best but are rare and may not fit you face plate housing

I created  wiki sometime ago when I was having issues and on some faceplates they  separate neatly phone from data signals, other countries use a splitter (microfilter)  to achieve the same but in UK we are posh,  enjoy

Behind the faceplate is the test socket, use that .

https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/bt-master-sockets-and-face-plates-wiki/

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 413
    • Addict

If you want to see a good spectrum it should look like this

I think your lines are attenuated in the lower spectrum (either in cabinett or faceplate or both), so you loose some amount of possible speed because less bits can be coded in these channels (I may be wrong but better values give more speed AFAIK).

And I still have POTS and a splitter too, so thats not the reason for your curves.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Grisu.
    Attachments:
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3217
    • Skipper

@Grisu – nice Spectrum,  how long is your DSL line ?

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 413
    • Addict

Yes, but would like to have full speed 313/30 instead of only 280/30 my line is able to sync.

I could lower SNR to really get full 313 (line will syncs with 320) but then too many uncorrectable errors occur so I leave it as it is on standard max performance.

I am very interested whether in UK it is possible to run without that faceplate and what would be the differences (except maybe less safety for HW while thunderstorm).

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

Okay, plugged myself into the test socket, initial stats attached. Only 6 mins into sync though.

I notice that I’m still getting the same sync download speed as I was when using the MK4 but I am now achieving that on 4db SNR instead of 3db SNR that I was on before so it’s possible if my line goes back to 3db I might get even better downstream sync and even though my upload SNR is still on 6db my upload sync speed has improved ever so slightly. Might have to wait for a while for DLM to detect improvements to my line before making further changes I don’t know.

EDIT: After some googling it looks like that drop in spectrum at the start is normal. Apparently its called a PSD mask and it’s placed there so the VDSL signal doesn’t swamp ADSL signals in the same cable or something along those lines.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 413
    • Addict

Would be interesting to see DLM maybe going up.

But dont expect wonders, you already got much more and may have reached line limits.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 3217
    • Skipper

I would leave it for a couple of days so DLM can fine tune itself, are you using a splitter plugged into test socket ?

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 33
    • Regular

I would leave it for a couple of days so DLM can fine tune itself, are you using a splitter plugged into test socket ?

Yes I am using a splitter in the test socket. I’ll see how it goes over the next few days.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
UKTechHub.com