FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … AVM FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

@Grisu would it be worth installing the 7.24 Fritz Lab version found at the link below when the product arrives or do you think leaving it on 7.21 would be best for now?

https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/fritz-box-7530_ax-inhaus-fw.307560/page-3#post-2411636

I just noticed you posting over there as well 🙂

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 328
    • Addict

Think it is quite stable now, give it a try, they are somewhere at the end-phase of beta, 7.25 is assumed to be not far away.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 328
    • Addict
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2680
    • Skipper

New official 7.22: https://download.avm.de/fritzbox/fritzbox-7530-ax/deutschland/fritz.os/

Great news for @lukenevill-bond

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Analogue Blacksheep
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on this router please. Networking devices are not my strongest area. I’m looking to replace a Plusnet Hub One with a modem/router combo with Wifi 6 (My PC’s motherboard is a Gigabyte B550I with inbuilt Wifi 6).

I started looking at this one after lurking on the ASUS DSL AX82U thread and seeing the feedback on it.

I noticed there is one of these going on eBay right now, but it’s the German model. If I got that one would I be able to do a straight swap with the Hub One?

Thanks!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2680
    • Skipper

Only differences are the power plug will not be suitable for UK and the DSL port on back of 7530 AX is RJ45 not RJ11

If you have a BT MK4 faceplate, then this is suitable also as for RJ45 connection as @lukenevill-bond mentioned above.

Hope that helps ?

Analogue Blacksheep
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

@UK Sentinel – Thanks, it does. I don’t mind needing to get a cable converter and a new plug to make it work. I’ll have a look at what faceplate we are using when I get home from work. I expect for it to be RJ11, it’s not been changed in a while.

We recently switched providers but my main PC’s Wifi is still spotty at times. I would of preferred to get a standalone router, but the hub one seems to lack the ability to act solely as a modem. The Hub One and our previous provider’s router were Wifi 5 which is what I think is the root my problems.

Funny thing is, I’ve only heard of this brand today after watching a Linus Tech Tips video on an ASUS router and everyone recommending FRITZ!Box in the comments!

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2680
    • Skipper

Plus One hub is a device made to a price and OK at best.

Funny as you say in the comments, everyone loved AVM’s Frirz!box and they are good 

Maybe worth trying the same supplier as @lukenevill-bond as they provide a suitable UK 3 pin plug, purchasing  from Ebay is a risk as the history of device is unknown.

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 328
    • Addict

Why even think about DSL-plug?

The box has a RJ45 slot and you can use your existing cable from faceplate to your previous modem.

RJ11 plug will fit into RJ45 without any issues, only a little looser to the side but still good connection!

Sometimes there are warnings about weakening or even distroying outer pins, but thats neither correct nor an issue as they arent used on the DSL-port, you cant destroy non existing things.

The only difference between RJ11 and RJ45 are additional outer pins and so broader design of the plug (same high and depth), but they arent used on this router, so what …

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Grisu.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2680
    • Skipper

Alas, given the difference in tolerances of RJ11 and RJ45 and different manufacturers, it is wise to use the connection designed for the slot as an RJ11 male connector could  be loose inside an RJ45 slot and the RJ11 plug sides could damage the remaining RJ45 pins etc.

All depends on design etc. but easier to  Keep-it-Simple (KIS)

https://www.lynxnetworks.co.uk/rj11-plug-into-and-rj45-socket/

Analogue Blacksheep
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

Just wondering, would the 7530 AX have VDSL2? I’m curious to see if it would come under the BT SIN 498 MCT standard.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2680
    • Skipper

Just wondering, would the 7530 AX have VDSL2? I’m curious to see if it would come under the BT SIN 498 MCT standard.

AVM Fritz!Box only has two products that are BT SIN 498 approved, but hopefully they will add the 7530 AX at some point in the future.

Luckily for you Plusnet do not require customers own kit to be BT SIN498 approved, but it is preferred ?

The FRITZ!Box 3490

The FRITZ!Box 7530 (not AX)

https://en.avm.de/news/the-latest-news-from-fritz/2019/fritzbox-7530-latest-model-to-pass-bt-openreach-certification/

BT SIN 498 Explained – https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/bt-sin-498-mct-standard-for-the-uk-gea-fttc/

VDSL 2 – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDSL

Analogue Blacksheep
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

Just had a quick look at our current setup again. We are using ADSL and the cables are RJ11.

I’m going to hold off getting the 7530 AX just a little longer for the time being until the Wifi 6 market matures a little.

Plus, I’m also hunting for the cryptid that is the RTX 3060ti. So I will wait until the time is right for me.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2680
    • Skipper

Nice Graphics card, good hunting 

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

Just had a quick look at our current setup again. We are using ADSL and the cables are RJ11. I’m going to hold off getting the 7530 AX just a little longer for the time being until the Wifi 6 market matures a little. Plus, I’m also hunting for the cryptid that is the RTX 3060ti. So I will wait until the time is right for me.

Well don’t worry, I’ll test for the both of us :) — It’s just been shipped today from Germany through DHL and is apparently expected between the 23rd – 25th Feb (according to tracking info), Amazon says 27th Feb – 3rd March, we shall see which one is correct.

Good luck with finding a 3060 Ti though.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.