FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … AVM FRITZ!Box 7530 AX – DSL

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 329
    • Addict

new lab(beta)-firmware released today: download.avm.de/labor/PSQ19Phase2/7590AX/FRITZ.Box_7590_AX-07.24-86454-LabBETA.image

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

7590 AX? That’s new.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Very, I had not seen these either, checked the specs and alas for u an Intel (Lantiq) DSL chipset, not Broadcom

Chipset for 7590 AX is GRX550

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 329
    • Addict
    Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

“10:11 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    Gbcvta, GB”

Wow, it’s already arrived in the UK, Gbcvta seems to come up as Coventry. It would be a nice surprise if it showed up in the morning but will hopefully arrive Saturday or Monday assuming nothing goes wrong. Honestly wasn’t expecting it to be so quick. Apparently according to tracking info it’s been transferred from DHL to Parcelforce as a courier though so honestly not sure who it’s coming by.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

My monies on a Monday delivery as I believe Parcel force charge extra for Saturdays , Stops you getting bored next week

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

It arrived this morning by normal Royal Mail post. The plug is just a UK adapter fitted onto the German plug. But if its same power requirements I might just use the one that I’m using for my normal 7530. I will set it up shortly and let you know how I get on 🙂

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 329
    • Addict

New 7.24 lab-beta released today: https://en.avm.de/fritz-lab/fresh-from-development/fresh-from-development/

FRITZ!Box 7530 AX (19 February 2021)

Language: Multi-language
    Version: 07.24-86287
    Date: 19 February 2020

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

New 7.24 lab-beta released today: https://en.avm.de/fritz-lab/fresh-from-development/fresh-from-development/ FRITZ!Box 7530 AX (19 February 2021) Language: Multi-language Version: 07.24-86287 Date: 19 February 2020

Oh good timing, I’ve let it auto update to 07.22 but I might go ahead and install the beta. After changing the default language etc it seems to be set up and working. See how it goes.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

If u want to load any pics, use Imgur.com or similar and paste link

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

If u want to load any pics, use Imgur.com or similar and paste link

I wouldn’t worry about the previous two images, just an image of the box and another image of the plug and it’s adapter. So far things seem stable with internet, sync speed has gone up slightly and I’m gonna see if DLM starts bumping me up again. Will probably take a few days though.

Initially the upload performance seems more stable for a start, I normally stream stuff from my Plex server when out and about or over my brothers and with the 7530 (Lantiq/Intel) even though I synced at 16megabits the actual throughput speeds were all over the place and unstable causing buffering issues with the video where as the 7530 AX (Broadcom) it’s like it was when I had my DSL-AC88U hooked up and is all stable again and I streamed something just fine today :)

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Great news, Broadcom has done its job so far

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

When u get a chance, screen dump you stats page if u could so we can see what your line is doing (interesting  viewing for myself as your 7530 AX  is Broadcom)

Luke Nevill-Bond
    Participant
    • Posts 30
    • Regular

Comparison shots from my 7530 that I grabbed yesterday which is approx. 3 days sync and the 7350 AX as of now with currently 1 day sync. I’ve included the 7530 AX Spectrum page if that makes any sense, don’t have one for the 7530 as never thought to take one until now.

I notice the 7530 shows Carrier Record A43 compared to the 7530 AX which shows B43. Not sure if that makes any difference at all.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Nice, the 7530 AXis achieving and extra 12 Mbps download speed, which must be nice, mainly due to the lowering of SNR from 6 to 3 (downstream) ?

Carrier records are tone sets and initial handshake of how the cab talks to router (VDSL 2 standards) , nothing to worry about .

Have you tried a quite line test with your landline phone, seems you have a large spike (drop) on your graphs

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.