Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 422 total)
  • Author
    qbie
    Participant
    • Posts 5
    • Recruit

Hi All,

I wouldn’t mind a copy of the new firmware, just for testing. I’ve been getting quite a few CRC errors on my line lately and been struggling to track down the cause with my ISP (Zen) so this new G.INP setting might be useful.

I’ve been using a DSL AC-55U for 3 years with no issues until a few weeks back, and I even just purchased a replacement one from Amazon to see if it was the router going faulty, but nope :(

An unrelated issue that someone might be able to shed some light on (I’ll open a new thread about this if needed) – on my Windows 10 PC that’s hardwired into the router I get random disconnections 2 or 3 times a day. In the router logs it looks like this:

2021-01-30 12:26:15 kernel: Link State: LAN_4 down.
    2021-01-30 12:26:18 kernel: Link State: LAN_4 up.

(Where the number changes if I try a different port). In windows it shows as media disconnected then reconnected a couple of seconds later. I can see the logs in the NetworkProfile section of Event Viewer showing network disconnected.

I’ve now tried two different routers (as the same happens with the new one I got the other day), new cables, different driver versions (it’s a Realtek NIC on my mobo), and I even put in a PCIe NIC and it does the same thing so at this point all I can think of it there’s something running in Windows doing it, but I’m at a loss as to what!

Ta,

q

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by qbie.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

The latest firmware with the G.inp option (2021_01_19_v9.1.2.3_925-g93a8d29) has been dropped due to issues with the router upgrading firmware automatically, ASUS are working on a fix

If u could start a new thread for the (2021-01-30 12:26:15 kernel: Link State: LAN_4 down.)  option I can explain what you need to do (hopefully) As I seem to remember my Sons gaming PC having the same issue

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

New DSL ASUSWRT Beta firmware v9.1.2.3_928-g26a9f02 now available, this version addressed the Live Update issue you raised earlier plus other bug fixes/ enhancements. Release note will be provided later. Thanks.

Note: usual UKTH ASUS Beta T&C’s apply, (top of forum)

2021_02_02_v9.1.2.3_928-g26a9f02

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/51D1F1C4F97E4F3DB68A23654F9ED5FAY

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    • Regular

going to test it

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

going to test it

Adnan008
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

v9.1.2.3_928 on dsl-ac55u didn’t rogue update firmware for 20hr its installed so that’s a good sign :D waiting for changelog

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

v9.1.2.3_928 on dsl-ac55u didn’t rogue update firmware for 20hr its installed so that’s a good sign :D waiting for changelog

Good news about no rogue update and I will chase ASUS for changelog

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Changelog as promised:

– Update help message to ‘G.INP Stability Adjustment’ option

– Fix the issue that beta firmware is always forced to upgrade

– Fix the issue that iPhone Airplay cannot continuously connect to Apple TV

sam
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

hi,

still v9.1.2.3_925

just downloaded 2 times DSL-N55U-C1_v9.1.2.3_928-g26a9f02

when upload to router it say Invalid firmware then reboot

before this latest firmware it was only when try live upgrade

now its not upgrade even when upload

this is MD5 for trx and zip files

DSL-N55U-C1_v9.1.2.3_928-g26a9f02.trx
    MD5: 17a8cc869deca4f0fdc0e0131ab8f9a9

DSL-N55U-C1_v9.1.2.3_928-g26a9f02.Zip
    MD5: 9ec0317fd16b0a996297e7602a6fdbe7

thanks

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

@sam – Understood, hopefully somebody else with a DSL-N55U-C1_v9 can confirm they are also having the same problem with this beta firmware release ?

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    • Regular

Hey guys, I have a short question. I use Asus ac55u with a VDSL connection and it’s very stable but whenever I restart to the modem, DSL Link is not up quickly. What’s the reason for this situation? Before I bought that modem, I had a more simple modem and it was getting connected in a minute but with this, it takes 3-5 minutes to getting ready the connection. It’s a little bit weird. Is it an expected or configuration issue?

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Hey guys, I have a short question. I use Asus ac55u with a VDSL connection and it’s very stable but whenever I restart to the modem, DSL Link is not up quickly. What’s the reason for this situation? Before I bought that modem, I had a more simple modem and it was getting connected in a minute but with this, it takes 3-5 minutes to getting ready the connection. It’s a little bit weird. Is it an expected or configuration issue?

The DSL-AC55U has only 128 Mb Ram and what would be considered nowadays a low end CPU,  3 – mins does not sound unreasonable to myself.

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    • Regular

The DSL-AC55U has only 128 Mb Ram and what would be considered nowadays a low end CPU, 3 – mins does not sound unreasonable to myself.

I got your point but it doesn’t make sense when I compared it with 10-20$ vdsl modems. That’s the why I am thinking that might be an issue :D

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2681
    • Skipper

Understood, hopefully other DSL-AC55U users running this firmware can check also

Adnan008
    Participant
    • Posts 4
    • Recruit

your dsl-ac55 is fine, i have similiar issue, it depends on your isp. don’t worry, be happy.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 422 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.