Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Home Forums Wireless Routers & Modems … ASUS Latest Beta Firmwares for DSL-AC51 to DSL-N66U incl. DSL-AC750

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 422 total)
  • Author
    osman
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

I think the stability got worse when I made the adjustment you said

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

I think the stability got worse when I made the adjustment you said

That is a shame, turn back on G.inp, is the DSL cable between your ASUS and wall socket new ?

Also, try enabling bitswap and see if that helps ?

I still think you have a physical wiring problem, like a fault on your DSL line outside your home ?

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom (J.G.Ballard).

osman
    Participant
    • Posts 16
    • Regular

Let me tell you as follows: The box on the distribution pole between the fiber panel and the neighborhood and the cable coming from there are directly connected to my modem. Next to this pole is a street lamp, that is, an electric pole. I have traveled and read a lot here and as far as I understand, this can be effective and I will post your picture here tomorrow for your viewing. I’ll try the setting you said. I hope the translation hasn’t been bad.The cable coming from the pole was changed 3 months ago. I’m adding a similar cable. There are 4 of them in it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by osman.
    UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Let me tell you as follows: The box on the distribution pole between the fiber panel and the neighborhood and the cable coming from there are directly connected to my modem. Next to this pole is a street lamp, that is, an electric pole. I have traveled and read a lot here and as far as I understand, this can be effective and I will post your picture here tomorrow for your viewing. I’ll try the setting you said. I hope the translation hasn’t been bad.The cable coming from the pole was changed 3 months ago. I’m adding a similar cable. There are 4 of them in it.

Translation good

sam
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

Hi,

@ DSL-N55U_C1

all old beta firmwares  until the latest one v9.1.2.3_925

having this notification (A new version of firmware is now available)

but when click on (update now) it say(Fail to grab release note)

then on flashing it say invalid firmware and reboot

the router working normal after reboot

any way its not effect any thing

byrallier
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    • Regular

I can confirm now on my AC55U upgraded to public release from latest beta firmware :)

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

I can confirm now on my AC55U upgraded to public release from latest beta firmware :)

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

Hi, @ DSL-N55U_C1 all old beta firmwares until the latest one v9.1.2.3_925 having this notification (A new version of firmware is now available) but when click on (update now) it say(Fail to grab release note) then on flashing it say invalid firmware and reboot the router working normal after reboot any way its not effect any thing

I am sure nothing has been lost and should work as normal, (do not update again) I will drop ASUS an email and see what they believe the problem is ?

sam
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

its better when using beta firmwares – the auto update checking to be disabled by default

but another issue with wireless (2.4 Enabled , 5 Hz Disabled) —– screenshot (1-default wireless settings)

when one device is connected to wireless from long distance (ex: 2nd floor) —– screenshot(2-Connected Devices)

the system log spam (flush one!) —– screenshot (3-System Log)

I was able to fix this by edit wireless General settings (4-edited wireless settings) any Control Channel could work better than auto

and i think its normal !

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

That is good news that you fixed the (flush one!) log message by choosing any non Auto wifi channel

If you can send a feedback form via ASUS router and explain problem and hopefully they will look at this log error message also for Auto .

Grisu
    Participant
    • Posts 333
    • Addict

SSID should not contain special caracters, often a problem.

Is there a reason not to use ch. 12/13 (with auto) in your country?

boyelroy
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

DSL-AC51  model itself is turns 858 too.

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

DSL-AC51 model itself is turns 858 too.

Thanks for information, I will add model DSL-AC51  to list for ASUS to look at 

UK Sentinel
    • Posts 2702
    • Skipper

@sam as @Grisu suggested, try changing your SSID to normal characters and see if this helps ?

@Grisu

sam
    Participant
    • Posts 8
    • Recruit

using ch. 12/13 (auto)

the only issue with old laptop Dell (N5110 – Dell Wireless 1702) Windows 10 some times not connecting or having unstable connection

tested another router model its the same (only on windows 10) – and most times when (Hide SSID Enabled)

that’s why i don’t use 12/13

i will change SSID to  normal characters and see about it

thanks

Edit: after a few hours testing with normal characters and auto channel excluding (12-13) here is screenshot for logs

now every device report one or two time : flush one!

but the devices with long distance from router more than that

note : Qos Disabled

one more thing when Enable Qos (Bandwidth Limiter): log showing this

2021-01-29 10:46:54 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.
    2021-01-29 10:46:54 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 20001 is big. Consider r2q change.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by sam.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 422 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.